• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Grading the season 2/3 of the way through

NUpipeline94

Recruit
2 Year Member
My letter grade to date is a solid "B" all things considered.

Just curious how everyone would grade the season so far. If you take away the Gonzaga series and Northwestern series we are 24-8 (6-3 B1G). However, in reality we are 25-13 (7-5 B1G) with the 2 meltdown series' since it isn't fair to play the would've could've should've game.

I think it was nice to get the "conference road series losing streak" money off of our backs this weekend. Also, the kids are playing hard despite their fair share of mental breakdowns, but that will happen at times when you're playing an aggressive "force the issue" style of baseball Darin & Co are coaching.

I know some people are more & less optimistic than others on here, so I figured that it would be fun just to see how things shake out if everyone were to assign a letter grade.

After friday I was kind of feeling like i did for football, predictions were that we would blast through the conference and win this and that.....however the Big 10 opponents had something to say about that. I started thinking that about bb this friday when we got blindsided, but today made me feel better for multiple reasons. I think next weekend will be a great test of our team and I am glad it is at home!!

The pitching staff scares the hell out of me...C minus. Defensively usually solid...B. Offense...B (still too many base running errors)

Last edited:

Overall a generous B-, maybe a C+ is more deserved at this point in the season.
They have been disappointing, especially on the mound and defensively. If they dont win the B1G tourney they probably aren't getting into a regional. That Friday game against Ohio St was a microcosim of the season so far.

Sooo....were we all expecting a clean sweep.of the B1G? I look at the record and the fact that we won our first road series in 4 years as quite an accomplishment.

Sheeesh:rolleyes:

Sooo....were we all expecting a clean sweep.of the B1G? I look at the record and the fact that we won our first road series in 4 years as quite an accomplishment.

I didn't think it was outlandish to think of winning every series 2-1, and besides for Northwestern, they've done that. Sprinkle in a couple of sweeps, and this team should be at the top of the B1G.

Overall a "C+". Starting pitching, particularly Friday nights, has been huge disappointment, but there are chances down the stretch to move that grade to a solid B to B+

B- As Ackos say's "Pitching" is pretty scarey this year, but young. Current starters are Jr,So,So,Fr and now with Pierce another So. Who knows where we'd be if Logan Ehler's was still here? I like our Offense, cut down on the base running mistakes and I think this is a solid team with lot's of upside potential!

The pitching staff scares the hell out of me...C minus. Defensively usually solid...B. Offense...B (still too many base running errors)

Spot on! No way, this team is a B, let alone a solid B.If we had a pitching staff that was consistent, we are not only in the hunt, we are leading the BIG, and we are ranked.

Again, I am expecting our team to excel next season. All the good we are having now is a plus. :) If we kill down the stretch, all the more kudoes to Darin & the gang. :thumbsup:

Oh, btw, I give our team a C-, also. As you say, piching problems and fielding drop us down.

Last edited:
I didn't think it was outlandish to think of winning every series 2-1, and besides for Northwestern, they've done that. Sprinkle in a couple of sweeps, and this team should be at the top of the B1G.

Overall a "C+". Starting pitching, particularly Friday nights, has been huge disappointment, but there are chances down the stretch to move that grade to a solid B to B+

Always a chance to move up. Here's hoping! :popcorn:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back