• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Grading Hoiberg: Rivals gives the new coach an A+

All 'N' 011808

Former Walk-on
5 Year Member

Rivals BasketballRecruiting article link...
NEBRASKA'S FRED HOIBERG: A+
Fred Hoiberg surprised many by taking the Nebraska job rather than some of the more highly touted positions available. Ever since then, however, he has continually won a number of recruiting battles. Just as he did at Iowa State, he has been relying heavily upon the transfer realm.

FGCU wing Haanif Cheatham and Seattle big Matej Kavas each pledged to the program and both will be immediately eligible to compete in the fall, as will junior college standouts Jervay Green and Cameron Mack. Dalano Banton, a former Rivals150, a former Rivals150 prospect, should pay dividends down the road once his college clock begins in the fall of 2020. Further work must be done, and the Huskers might need at least three more players this spring, but the Fred Hoiberg era could not have started any better.

This was written on May 10. Since then, Nebraska has added Stevenson, Ouedraogo, Cross, and Walker.

Last edited:

There has never been a coaching hire of any sport at UNL that has excited me as much as Fred Hoiberg. Now, time will tell if the mayor succeeds or not -- but from the outset, best hire in NU sports history.

I would absolutely love to have season tickets for hoops.
It's setting up to be something to watch. If these players can all move in the same direction beginning with summer workouts and can mesh well together, this is going to be fun.

It's setting up to be something to watch. If these players can all move in the same direction beginning with summer workouts and can mesh well together, this is going to be fun.

I'm not necessarily concerned with anything other than watching the process develop. I tend to think we'll see dramatic improvements from the start of the season to the finish -- both in individual players and team chemistry/success. That's something we almost never saw under Miles.

I remember how fun it was watching Nee's early recruits develop.

There has never been a coaching hire of any sport at UNL that has excited me as much as Fred Hoiberg. Now, time will tell if the mayor succeeds or not -- but from the outset, best hire in NU sports history.

oh come on. Are you telling me the Callahan hire didn't get your jimmies jingling?

certainly a very exciting hire & FH has been killing it on the recruiting trail... but bringing Frosty home was about as exciting as it gets (at least for me these days). :Biggrin: ;)

GBR!!!
:HuskersN:

Last edited:

I think Hoiberg will do well at Nebraska but I hope we don't have to wait too long before he gets top high school talent to come to Lincoln.

Yeah, but Moos still needs to get his texasing house in order.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back