• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gophs with 47 Covid positives

johnrr6

Lucky!
5 Year Member
Just spoke to a friend of mine up in Minnesota and he said the Gophers currently have 47 positives for Covid.

I don’t see how they play us next week. I guess things could change but 47 is pretty damn high.

Such a shame if that happens.

They usually play terrible in Lincoln and we were going to pound that team this year!

And I was going to love it!

Did Minny have a huge boat where everyone rowed inside it at the same time? How come some programs do well avoiding covide outbreaks (Nebraska for example) while other have had a total disaster? Is it simply matter of blind luck or perhaps players/staff following well established protocols? Knock on wood but Nebraska has done an outstanding job avoiding outbreaks like Minnesota's. We're not very good at playing football but so far knocked this covid thing out of the park.

Did Minny have a huge boat where everyone rowed inside it at the same time? How come some programs do well avoiding covide outbreaks (Nebraska for example) while other have had a total disaster? Is it simply matter of blind luck or perhaps players/staff following well established protocols? Knock on wood but Nebraska has done an outstanding job avoiding outbreaks like Minnesota's. We're not very good at playing football but so far knocked this covid thing out of the park.
Frost deserves another 2 year extension for these types of efforts.

I read where Frost and his staff put a huge effort into this, sat down with the local medical experts and actually drew up a “playbook“ of how they were going to confront this Covid issue.

He sent the playbook to the Big Ten who then of course ignored it.....and did not share it to anyone.

I read where Frost and his staff put a huge effort into this, sat down with the local medical experts and actually drew up a “playbook“ of how they were going to confront this Covid issue.

He sent the playbook to the Big Ten who then of course ignored it.....and did not share it to anyone.
Yep.
Now if he could put another plan together that resulted in W’s......

Now if he could put another plan together that resulted in W’s......

Exactly. The crux of the entire matter.

I think it boils down to HIM needing to be more disciplined and more experienced.

Missing timeouts because your heads in a playbook or not challenging an obvious bad call because you’re worried about getting in the next play....

or whining about “clapping”

HE Improves and the team will improve. It’s pretty simple and I saw it crystal clear in the army as well as high school sports. Leadership from the top....sets the example and it trickles down.

Exactly. The crux of the entire matter.

I think it boils down to HIM needing to be more disciplined and more experienced.

Missing timeouts because your heads in a playbook or not challenging an obvious bad call because you’re worried about getting in the next play....

or whining about “clapping”

HE Improves and the team will improve. It’s pretty simple and I saw it crystal clear in the army as well as high school sports. Leadership from the top....sets the example and it trickles down.

If we go through this without the Covid problems many other teams have had, can we really say the whole team hasn't bought what Frost is selling. To stay clear from Covid for the entire season it has to mean all the players did the right thing so they could play. Just a few not caring and doing the wrong thing could spread that through the entire team, or at least quite a few players. Yet it appears that hasn't happened. At least up to this point.

Actually he included the wrong attachment and sent our offensive playbook to the whole league, all 8 plays. That's why we keep getting beat.

@Iowama Red

Let me see if it’s eight plays.....

Quick pass to the right in the backfield on the edge, see what happens

Quick pass to the left in the backfield on the edge, see what happens

Empty backfield, shotgun, quarterback wants to pass winds up running for his life

Empty backfield, shotgun, quarterback draw

Quarterback rolls right, let’s see what happens

Quarterback rolls left, let’s see what happens

WanDale off tackle

Occasional jet sweep or reverse

Quarterback sneak.

nah......It’s really nine plays. We are much more sophisticated than eight!

:)

Doesn't MINNY and the coach know that, instead of putting everyone in the "row boat," they needed to each be on a "separate raft, more than 6 feet apart from one another) and then paddle from there.??????????????? By jove, I think I "got it!"

Doesn't MINNY and the coach know that, instead of putting everyone in the "row boat," they needed to each be on a "separate raft, more than 6 feet apart from one another) and then paddle from there.??????????????? By jove, I think I "got it!"
AND.....wear a mask...
N95 preferred, but hell, a handkerchief will do in a “field expedient“ mode

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back