• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Good Coaches Have Their Teams Rolling Down The Stretch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husker Eponymous

Scout Team
10 Year Member
And FINALLY thats whats happening.

Was it too much to ask that Erstad maximized the resources he had along with good coaching to piss pound the teams he's supposed to?

No sarcasm at all, this is what a well coached Nebraska team should be doing to B1G competition down the stretch.

Post season is all that matters in baseball. The mark of a good coach is post-season performance.

Our resident pollyanna, has somewhat successfully blinded many of you to thinking "upper division finishes" was somehow success and 1 conference title by half game was success.

No one gives a $#!% about upper division finishes in the B1G. Nebraska is FINALLY looking like the post-season team we (at least some of us) knew it was capable of.

The fact that before this tournament NU was 1-10 in its last 11 postseason games was pathetic. One win over Binghamton in 7 years is pathetic.

I heard today that this is the lowest NU batting average team since 1976. Keep in mind that we are in the weakest conference since 1976.

Good coaches toss those stats out the window and light fires under teams. NU is killing it at the plate and on the mound.

I don't know what was going on the last 4 years at Haymarket, but when you couple the mounds of resources with good coaching, you get mercy rule games over lessor opponents.

Good on Erstad. This is what good coaches do. Maybe he has finally turned the corner as a coach. Don't let the resident pollyanna con you into thinking that a 3rd place finish in the B1G and one regional win in 7 years makes an SEC coach. What makes an SEC coach is kicking @$$ on the diamond in the post-season. Smoke Laval, Skip Bertmans hand picked successor at LSU, was fired a couple of years after making the CWS (iirc). Erstad has NU doing what teams with good resources and good coaching do. Full credit to Erstad.

NU is rolling. They'll make the finals, and maybe win the tourney. They'll win more then one game in regionals.

I read today that Creighton put in a bid to host at TD Ameritrade. That'd be something to see NU, CU, and UNO all there. Doubtful, but it would still be something. Personally, I hope they all go different places. Let them meet down in Supers and not in Regionals.

When I saw the poster, (for some reason I don't always look at the name before I click on a thread, thought he was on vacation???), I skipped his post & just read the responses. Told me pretty much all I needed to kNow.

Last edited:

Was it too much to ask that Erstad maximized the resources he had along with good coaching to piss pound the teams he's supposed to?

No sarcasm at all, this is what a well coached Nebraska team should be doing to B1G competition down the stretch.

Post season is all that matters in baseball. The mark of a good coach is post-season performance.

Our resident pollyanna, has somewhat successfully blinded many of you to thinking "upper division finishes" was somehow success and 1 conference title by half game was success.

No one gives a $#!% about upper division finishes in the B1G. Nebraska is FINALLY looking like the post-season team we (at least some of us) knew it was capable of.

The fact that before this tournament NU was 1-10 in its last 11 postseason games was pathetic. One win over Binghamton in 7 years is pathetic.

I heard today that this is the lowest NU batting average team since 1976. Keep in mind that we are in the weakest conference since 1976.

Good coaches toss those stats out the window and light fires under teams. NU is killing it at the plate and on the mound.

I don't know what was going on the last 4 years at Haymarket, but when you couple the mounds of resources with good coaching, you get mercy rule games over lessor opponents.

Good on Erstad. This is what good coaches do. Maybe he has finally turned the corner as a coach. Don't let the resident pollyanna con you into thinking that a 3rd place finish in the B1G and one regional win in 7 years makes an SEC coach. What makes an SEC coach is kicking @$$ on the diamond in the post-season. Smoke Laval, Skip Bertmans hand picked successor at LSU, was fired a couple of years after making the CWS (iirc). Erstad has NU doing what teams with good resources and good coaching do. Full credit to Erstad.

NU is rolling. They'll make the finals, and maybe win the tourney. They'll win more then one game in regionals.

I read today that Creighton put in a bid to host at TD Ameritrade. That'd be something to see NU, CU, and UNO all there. Doubtful, but it would still be something. Personally, I hope they all go different places. Let them meet down in Supers and not in Regionals.

Feels like everyone is downtown . Ken

Looks like you did not learn on your vacation for taking veiled shots at another poster. So I am sending you away for a couple of more days and next time it will be much longer

RR

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back