• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Good article to read.

We were told by the resident HMax expert, @Middle-aged_Ball_Coach, that the O-Line just needed to "gel."

If we are switching up positions at guard and tackle, how will they be able to "gel?"

You can add me to the list as well.

I expected Illinois and Buffalo to be rough, but by the MSU game, I thought this line would look drastically different.

Make the changes needed to improve the line and they’ll figure out how to play together. That’s what the term ‘gel’ is all about.

Back to the article in the OP, I do think it's good that Frost is asserting himself a little more as CEO of the Husker football operation. I think it's good that he is getting more involved with problem areas, and hopefully this will help impress on everyone the urgency that he feels with getting things fixed. Sometimes a shakeup of the familiar can be a wakeup call that can sharpen focus......

Although Frost is set for life with $$$$$$$ imo if he loses this gig it's going to be a long climb back to Head Coach imo. Perhaps he'll simply pack his bags and do a lot of fishing and hunting in the wilds. Perhaps he won't want to be HC again should he get canned? One thing for sure no major P5 program is going to banging down his door if he's let go.

He's a probably only a decent line and ST coach from having a darn good team. On the other hand we've seen up close how a HC can refuse to make staff changes (BC) while his ship flounders on the rocks. Loyality is great providing the people your loyal to are getting their jobs done. No one can honestly claim our offensive line is anything but offensive right now.

Nice article, I agree Trev shouldn’t make any statements until after the season. I said earlier that Trev will have to give some statement of confidence if he keeps Frost. That shouldn’t ever happen until the season is over. Sounds like Frost is getting tired of the offensive line woes as well. I have no inside information but I have heard this might be Austin’s last year for multiple reasons. If we hire a special teams coach as the article suggests then someone else has to be fired. Nice article, thanks for sharing.
Although I get what your talking about, getting rid of Austin may or may not fix the O Line. This team has so many issues not sure 1 guy being replaced is going to change the trajectory of the team.

Nice article, I agree Trev shouldn’t make any statements until after the season. I said earlier that Trev will have to give some statement of confidence if he keeps Frost. That shouldn’t ever happen until the season is over. Sounds like Frost is getting tired of the offensive line woes as well. I have no inside information but I have heard this might be Austin’s last year for multiple reasons. If we hire a special teams coach as the article suggests then someone else has to be fired. Nice article, thanks for sharing.
Scott Frost seemed much more animated at the MSU game. He definitely appears to be realizing that stoicism on the sideline isn't getting it done. Sometimes, you just have to get in someone's face and he has started to do it. That's part of his growth as a head coach. Hopefully, he doesn't end up going "full Pelini" on us, but his emotion at the game is a good sign.

Although I get what your talking about, getting rid of Austin may or may not fix the O Line. This team has so many issues not sure 1 guy being replaced is going to change the trajectory of the team.
How about adding a coach that is half ST / half OL? That was Dan Young's gig back in the day, instead of 1.5 coaches for 4 defensive starters (LB), how about 1.5 coaches for 5 offensive starters? Having said that I really like the trio of Tuioti, Dawson and Ruud. There's more than 20 OL, one coach for all of them seems like a heavy lift.

Last edited:

sonnybrix-sonnylook.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back