• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Good article for the Longhorn haters.

1718199435672.png

I lived in Texas for 7 years, many friends are fans of A&M, Baylor and UT. When Texas fell on hard times, my resentment for them tempered a lot due to seeing those friends' frustrations. I didn't hate them in the college football playoff. I also think Sarkisian is a good coach. And I respect Arch Manning for not being a primadonna.

The SEC will be tougher than the B12 was, but I think Texas is actually pretty well prepared. Alabama is poised to make a slide, but other than Georgia and LSU, I don't see a team in the SEC that looks to be on Texas' level. They'll probably be vying for conference championships from the get-go.

Its hard to play all new teams, without having the reference from prior years in your week-to-week preparation. But now that conferences are getting so big, that is less of a disadvantage since most teams are playing several opponents the didn't play last year.

If any team is about to have a rude awakening, its Oklahoma. They're about to be a middle-of-the-pack team in the conference. And I don't have the faith in their current coaching to think they can build/recruit their way out of it.

I lived in Texas for 7 years, many friends are fans of A&M, Baylor and UT. When Texas fell on hard times, my resentment for them tempered a lot due to seeing those friends' frustrations. I didn't hate them in the college football playoff. I also think Sarkisian is a good coach. And I respect Arch Manning for not being a primadonna.

The SEC will be tougher than the B12 was, but I think Texas is actually pretty well prepared. Alabama is poised to make a slide, but other than Georgia and LSU, I don't see a team in the SEC that looks to be on Texas' level. They'll probably be vying for conference championships from the get-go.

Its hard to play all new teams, without having the reference from prior years in your week-to-week preparation. But now that conferences are getting so big, that is less of a disadvantage since most teams are playing several opponents the didn't play last year.

If any team is about to have a rude awakening, its Oklahoma. They're about to be a middle-of-the-pack team in the conference. And I don't have the faith in their current coaching to think they can build/recruit their way out of it.
I believe Texas is its own worse enemy.

The boosters of substance, of which there are many, all want a voice and too many cooks in the kitchen may spoil the broth.

Some non-Sark fans may become loud when they lose a few too many games, or don’t win enough championships.

Shaka Smart, former UT basketball coach now at Marquette, spoke about him constantly having put out fires with well connected boosters who weren’t happy with his (lack of) success.

A building without a solid foundation will crumble under its own weight. Texas has too much money to NOT be successful, but I do believe they have too much money to maintain consistent success.

Last edited:
I believe Texas is its own worse enemy.

The boosters of substance, of which there are many, all want a voice and too many cooks in the kitchen may spoil the broth.

Some non-Sark fans may become loud when they lose a few too many games, or don’t win enough championships.

Shaka Smart, former UT basketball coach now at Marquette, spoke about him constantly having put out fires with well connected boosters who weren’t happy with his (lack of) success.

A building without a solid foundation will crumble under its own weight. Texas has too much money to NOT be successful, but I do believe they have too much money to maintain consistent success.
I’ll add to the entitled boosters a dose of entitlement by many of their players

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back