• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Good Article Big Red Today

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member

In addition to the titled topic (Hoiberg coaching with the Flu), there are some nice gems of information in the BRT Article.

it was an important year for laying the foundation," Hoiberg said.

Nebraska is currently putting together its 2020-2021 roster. NU has two open scholarship spots, and Hoiberg hinted there could be good news with those spots in the coming weeks.
"I'm very excited with what could potentially happen here in a couple weeks with some of the signings that we could potentially add to this team that I think will give us more size, more physicality," Hoiberg said. "There's definitely brighter days ahead."

Stay-Tuned! :nod:

Another Good in-depth read by Chris Heady in Big Red Today (4/19/20) (does not look like it is behind a paywall ;))

Stuck at home, Fred Hoiberg spends his time plotting Husker basketball's comeback

Some Pearls:
He’s given two assistants — Armon Gates and Doc Sadler — projects to find new defensive strategies. Sadler will first watch every single league game by every team in the Big Ten. Then, Hoiberg wants him and Gates to watch top defensive teams in the NCAA and the NBA to steal from.
Hoiberg is ..... rewatching every game and putting together a playbook of things he liked and things he didn’t. Soon, he’ll have video coordinator Matt Holt jam it all together in a reel and show it to his five 2020 commits to start introducing them to his system.
we did some important things as far as laying the foundation and as far as establishing a style of play,...there’s also a lot of things we did well."
Nebraska led the conference in shots at the rim, Hoiberg said. Problem was, they finished 14th out of 14 teams in scores at the rim. “But we were first in generating those shots. That’s a good thing,” Hoiberg said.

Hoiberg isn't all that worried, he said. His three sit-out transfers — Banton, Derrick Walker and Shamiel Stevenson — ran the offense in practice with two walk-ons and often beat the eligible starters handily.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back