• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gonzo Injury

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Out for the season....

Fact is, he has been fine with the news that he'll be sidelined a likely seven to nine months because of a torn anterior cruciate ligament since the moment it happened in his first training session of a short-term loan deal to Germany's FC Nuremberg.

“He's progressing pretty well, but I think it's important he comes along slowly,â€￾ the star midfielder said. “Injuries like that, you've got to be careful. If you rush back too soon, then it can set you back. He's a strong kid, he's got age on his side, so he'll be good.â€￾

Gonzalez had left the U.S. national team's camp in Arizona to join Nuremberg, a club looking to bring the tall Texan in on a full-time basis come summer, at its winter-break camp in Turkey. He was excited for the opportunity -- a first step toward an inevitable full-time move to Europe -- and “felt good, I was fit, I was ready.â€￾

A collision with Germany born U.S. national team defender Timmy Chandler took out his left knee.

Much more here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/soccer/post/_/id/14612/galaxy-rehabbing-gonzalez-is-patient

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back