• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked goNE big red

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a sunshine pumper, I can confirm that I had a blast and enjoyed the game. Great weather, fun atmosphere, exciting game, great finish. After all - I watch Nebraska football for entertainment. And, I was thoroughly
entertained

Well pal...I agree with you about one thing ..this team gives a new meaning to entertaining:Biggrin:

Im in no way "satisfied." But for people to just go off the rocker about the season thus far is kind of ridiculous. If this was the last season in history, ever, for the huskers, Id be a lot more upset than I am currently. But if you skim through all the crap at the top right now, youll see theres actually hope of a pretty dang good football team. You have to look at it this way, if we can literally shoot ourselves in the foot time after time after time after TIME against a decent Northwestern team (they arent an all world team, but they are good enough to be in every game the rest of the season) on the road and STILL pull out a win, that says something.

Well it says many things. First, they are extremely undisciplined and down right frustrating to watch. But second, good enough to basically piss a game away and still come up with a "W". Imagine (and at this point thats all we can do because it hasnt happened yet) if this team puts a solid four quarters together. Doesnt turn the ball over, the D forces punts, our special teams doesnt look like they are all turning and waving to mom when the ball is in the air, and they play a solid complete game. I dont know of anyone outside of Alabama and maybe Oregon because of that offense, that we cant play with and potentially win.

AND we FINALLY saw some of the young talent in the wings. And the kid (Santos) came in and was flying all over the field, laying people out, tackling runners in the back field, covering slot receivers and playing some good football. Thats just one guy. Theres a lot more like that on D that are currently sitting on the sidelines waiting their turn. One could argue they should be on the field now, which IMO they should be, but I truly believe that Bo is standing by this class regardless because this was his first class, they took a chance on him, hes taking a chance on them. Could I be/Am I wrong? Maybe, but I believe hes all about loyalty (and hitching his wagon to players) and thats where hes at with this class.

Im in no way satisfied at the moment. But to say that at this point we are still in contention for the conference championship and a Rose Bowl berth is pretty crazy considering what a lot of people are saying about this team. And if you are expecting a national championship year after year, sorry pal, youve got expectations that are flat out un reachable. *** hit the nail right on the head when in another post he says this team needs to, every year be competing for a conference championship/top 10 ranking, and be in the national title picture about every 3-4 years. Those are achievable (and historically accurate) expectations. But to just throw in the towel mid season is your call, I just choose to see what happens. Stranger things have happened than to say this season is a complete flop, fire everyone and release every player off scholarship. There are some guys coming up that frankly Im excited to see in the next couple years because I believe they are the difference makers we are missing atm. To each their own, but my expectations are still right where they were before the first game; Win the division/play for the conference championship and make a BCS bowl. And currently we are still right there for all of those with some of the sloppiest play anyone has ever seen, clean all that up and theres a pretty good chance those goals are achieved.

Pal you have too much time on your hands to spend that much time on a response:Biggrin: But Im starting to like your style

I suspect that had NW made that field goal, a lot more people would be on board with this thread. I'm not ready to run Bo out but some assistant coaches need to be shown the door. I'm as happy about this win as anyone but there ARE big problems with this team that have lingered for quite a while. Penalties and turnovers are the trademark of an undisciplined team.

I'm still fully in the corner of this team and any other husker team, but like JM, I suspect we will see more of the same this year. This is probably another 4 loss team. And how do you think we would stack up against an Oregon team if we made it to the Rose Bowl?

Sorry my friends, just calling it like I see it. I'll still be cheering like a mad man for the Huskers!

Pretty much my view as well. I did not feel that way until after UCLA and Ohio State as those games showed me my thinking we were making progress was just a mirage. I am wanting to get rid of Bo but I too think Bo needs to shake up the staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back