• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Goal now: six wins

EastOfEden

Junior Varsity
15 Year Member
Getting to six will not be easy. Iowa and Ohio State look pretty tough - tougher than Michigan. We just don't seem to have the horses to stay with them.

That leaves Purdue, Minnesota and Wisconsin that we have to sweep. While that is doable, it won't be a walk in the park, and we will have to play error free football. We'll see if that is possible. Those teams will see us as a good chance for a W for them.

Penalties, errors and injuries will probably decide it for us. There is a chance we won't make a bowl again this year, but a better chance that we will.

That's a bit sad in year four - six wins and a bowl game being the golden goal.

Getting to six will not be easy. Iowa and Ohio State look pretty tough - tougher than Michigan. We just don't seem to have the horses to stay with them.

That leaves Purdue, Minnesota and Wisconsin that we have to sweep. While that is doable, it won't be a walk in the park, and we will have to play error free football. We'll see if that is possible. Those teams will see us as a good chance for a W for them.

Penalties, errors and injuries will probably decide it for us. There is a chance we won't make a bowl again this year, but a better chance that we will.

Sad is the right word to use
sad that we are hoping and praying to reach 6/6
sad that we keep losing games because of coaches decisions
sad that special teams suck so bad
sad that we fumble in all the wrong moments
sad that a 20 million buy out will keep us from making a change
many examples of sad

Yes, sad describes how I feel.

Not sad for me. I see the huge steps this program has taken this year. We are so close and that keeps me excited. Yeah, it sucks losing another heartbreaker, but these games are going to turn into wins eventually. I'm absolutely confident in that. If someone can't see the great strides we have taken, then that is just flat out ignorance. I've seen tremendous improvement in all aspects of the game just this year alone, not to mention compared to previous seasons. I love where we are headed.

Last edited:

I think we beat Iowa or OSU. Might lose to one of the others in that list of 3. But I could see is winning 4 more. And I thought this was Frosts last year after illinois.

The defense is too good this year.

Yes, although I am most concerned that we look like we are playing competent football. Our defense has nearly the entire season. Our offense has done well the last two weeks. And our special teams have done decently the last two weeks. I am most concerned that we keep this up and we are in every game and hopefully win at least three more.

I like what I am seeing on the field the last three games. Yes, there are frustrations, but we are doing better. Probably the best we've seen since Riley's second year (and probably north of that).

Can we please stop with the bowl game talk at this point? Nebraska needs to beat Minnesota first which will not be easy.

Talking about a bowl game makes more sense if/when Nebraska has 5 wins. Maybe Nebraska can win game number 4 and then game number 5 before even thinking about bowl games.

One step at a time please. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Iowa is beatable. Especially at home.

The next two are the key. We have to start beating teams in the division.
We have 4 division games left. Have to find a way to win 3 of those.

For now, Sink the boat!

I think we beat Iowa or OSU. Might lose to one of the others in that list of 3. But I could see is winning 4 more. And I thought this was Frosts last year after illinois.

The defense is too good this year.
Much more likely that we beat Iowa than Ohio St. We match-up well with Iowa and have basically been one play away from beating them each of the last three years. Ohio St. can "out-athlete" us, and they have handled us easily the past two years.

As best I can tell, the differences between 6-0 Iowa and 3-4 Nebraska are...
* schedule: give Iowa credit for edging Penn St., but I don't think they play another ranked team in the regular season
* forcing turnovers: somehow, Iowa comes up with about 4 INT's every game; probably a combination of skill and good fortune
* one-possession games: Iowa wins them, we lose them; it probably helps that they are usually at least +2 in turnovers

I don't think there is much - if any - of a talent gap between NU and Iowa. NU and Ohio St. is a different story.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back