• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

Glock

CrabHusker

Unredacted
5 Year Member
By far my favorite guns are revolvers.
Ruger Blackhawk are great, GP100 is also one of my favorites to shoot,
It’s funny how different people can shoot better or worse with different weapons. My first revolver was an old Ruger Security Six In .357. Shot it well, but I’m much more accurate with a full sized 1911.

Smoker

Ed Force One
5 Year Member
It’s funny how different people can shoot better or worse with different weapons. My first revolver was an old Ruger Security Six In .357. Shot it well, but I’m much more accurate with a full sized 1911.
1911 frame, not for me, Maybe if I shoot them more I would get use to it,
Revolver fits just right, with the right grips

HUSKER HOT SAUCE

Music Soothes My Soul
5 Year Member
1911 frame, not for me, Maybe if I shoot them more I would get use to it,
Revolver fits just right, with the right grips
I'm comfortable with both the 1911 and the Glock. I have found the Glock to be as accurate as it possibly can be, the rest is up to me. It's weight and size just add to it's accuracy, at least for me.

EastOfEden

Scout Team
10 Year Member
What do you guys do with these guns? Have you ever fired them in anger at some one while a civilian, or do you have them for that puprpose? Do you like to shoot them at the range? I remember gong with a great friend of mine to his shooting club one day and he let me use one of his many (i.e. 20 or more) fancy shotgun for shooting skeet, and that was fun. I wouldn't go to the expense of buying a high priced gun and joining a shooting club for the kick it gave me however. And while I expect that shooting a pistol at a target with ear mufflers on might be fun once or twice, I can't see it as a lifetime passion. Just curious, since you all really have thought about what pistol or pistols to have around the house.

CrabHusker

Unredacted
5 Year Member
What do you guys do with these guns? Have you ever fired them in anger at some one while a civilian, or do you have them for that puprpose? Do you like to shoot them at the range? I remember gong with a great friend of mine to his shooting club one day and he let me use one of his many (i.e. 20 or more) fancy shotgun for shooting skeet, and that was fun. I wouldn't go to the expense of buying a high priced gun and joining a shooting club for the kick it gave me however. And while I expect that shooting a pistol at a target with ear mufflers on might be fun once or twice, I can't see it as a lifetime passion. Just curious, since you all really have thought about what pistol or pistols to have around the house.
My long guns were always purchased for hunting. Deer, elk and pheasants mainly. My first pistol was purchased as a backup gun for big game hunting. I spent a fair amount of time shooting the weapon and challenging myself to improve with it and it just because an enjoyable hobby. I've since bought additional pistols for hunting, target practice, tactical competitions and personal protection. Not all of my travels for work put me in the best areas of the cities I travel to and or through, so I applied for a concealed carry permit. Concealed carry changes what you need in a pistol and thus I end up buying another gun...or three. I've sold off or traded a few over the years, but still have a fare collection. Most aren't double ups of 'same use' guns, other than a handful of pistols that can all be conceal carried. I enjoy hunting and shooting. It's as simple as that.

No, I've never fired a weapon in anger at another human being (in fact I've carried for years now and never drawn a firearm), but I would to protect myself, my family or others from potential injury or death.

Smoker

Ed Force One
5 Year Member
I have never shot at a civilian, or in anger,
I have my own range, shoot for sport, hobby, whatever you want to call it,
I use to cater food at heartland shooting range near grand island,
I would do the action shoot and other events, hornady sponsored usually.
Guess guns are my hobby,
That and black powder Cannon barrels.
I build cannons and sell them to buy guns and ammo

EastOfEden

Scout Team
10 Year Member
This friend I mentioned has spent a fortune on his shotguns, but he hunts with the royal families of Euorpe so I guess he has to have the right kinds of tools. But I out shot him at skeet and I had never even shot a shotgun before we went out.

I think he liked to hang out with others who liked to shoot animals. He had most of the big game in Africa, and shot a grizzley in Alaska. He neve had a pistol, though. Always shotguns.

Smoker

Ed Force One
5 Year Member
I have some friends that spend serous money on shotguns to compete in skeet. I think there crazy, but they think I'm crazy for doing action shoot with hand guns,
It's all in personal preference

1911 feels like an extension of my hand, so yeah, perfect fit. With the Glock, it’s more the angle of the grip. Feels like I have to point down to aim. I worked with it and can shoot Glocks fairly well, but dont have to work at all to shoot 1911’s or any of my Springfield XD pistols. My hands aren’t tennis racket big, but they’re at least average. Not sure that’s part of the issue.
I have the same issue with the Glock. I feel like I’m aiming a brick. The recoil also seems to jump up through my hand and not directly back through hand, which makes the gun feel loose. Glock is the only pistol that I have held or shot that has that feel but I know a lot of guys love them.

Edit: ...guys and gals love them.

Last edited:

jikastew

All Legend
10 Year Member
Also not a huge Glock fan. Same with me.....feels like aiming a brick. I suppose if you start with them, it wouldn't be an issue. My favs are the Sig 1911 (.45) and CZ-75 (9mm). When in doubt, I'd take a 1911 over just about anything else.

Smoker

Ed Force One
5 Year Member
Actually my favorite gun is my Ruger 1022, bought it in 1981, shot a lot of raccoons, badgers, when I first went coon hunting, they were worth $40 ea,
Big money back in the day, now they are maybe $5.
Still have the gun, I have shot 1000's of rounds through it,

Also not a huge Glock fan. Same with me.....feels like aiming a brick. I suppose if you start with them, it wouldn't be an issue. My favs are the Sig 1911 (.45) and CZ-75 (9mm). When in doubt, I'd take a 1911 over just about anything else.
Smith$Wesson, $pringfield and $ig all have nice grips in their concealed carry versions but the 1911 is certainly the semi-automatic standard by which all handguns are judged.

Red_in_Blue_Land

Oh my!
5 Year Member
I have never shot at a civilian, or in anger,
I have my own range, shoot for sport, hobby, whatever you want to call it,
I use to cater food at heartland shooting range near grand island,
I would do the action shoot and other events, hornady sponsored usually.
Guess guns are my hobby,
That and black powder Cannon barrels.
I build cannons and sell them to buy guns and ammo
Speaking of cannons: