• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Giving Up TD's on 4th Down

Agree…we give up 3rd and long A LOT.

It was better late last year.

Used to be Nebraska had you 3rd and 10+ and your ass was punting....or worse.

It tears the guts out of the defense to give one of those up. Hopefully down and distance become a killer again for the opposition.

It was better late last year.

Used to be Nebraska had you 3rd and 10+ and your ass was punting....or worse.

It tears the guts out of the defense to give one of those up. Hopefully down and distance become a killer again for the opposition.
Hell, I can just recall all the 3rd and lonnnng conversions. So many. Like 3rd and 13, 3rd and 18 and many 3rd and 10’s. Have to get off the field. That’s the difference between winning and losing.

Hell, I can just recall all the 3rd and lonnnng conversions. So many. Like 3rd and 13, 3rd and 18 and many 3rd and 10’s. Have to get off the field. That’s the difference between winning and losing.
Every third and long my dad says we’re screwed. He roots for third and short.

Every third and long my dad says we’re screwed. He roots for third and short.
Well, your dad would be right. So many times, you just cringe. It makes you rip your hair out. Like, OMG, WTH just happened? It’s really a killer as a fan, but I bet it tears out the will of a player seeing that happen on the regular.

It was a 37-yard pass on third and 21.

A fourth-downer that springs to mind is the 1988 Fiesta Bowl. Florida State's winning TD was on fourth and goal from the 15.

Thanks for the correction. No less hearbreaking.

How 'bout we start with not giving up any more KO return TDs right after our TDs?

That would be an excellent way to potentially put a couple more 'W's' in the record books.

I think we've had at least one of those a year the last three years.

Perhaps a few stats? Of course it's critical at what point in the game we give up these 3rd and 4th down conversations. These stats are for what the defense gives up.

3rd conversation.jpg

4th convert.jpg

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back