• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Getting Ready - 2024 Ahead

pRED

IN PLAY, RUN(S)
5 Year Member
Tough loss for the basketball team tonight in Champaign, but a good showing aside from all the second chances Illinois got on the boards and from the men in stripes. Let’s start talking baseball, though. Couple of good OWH articles have shown up recently in preview of the upcoming season to start in two weeks. Can’t think of another year where so little is known, at least by me, about what we have to compete for a B10 title and national attention. Bryce and Max, with their spectacular offensive numbers gone, leave us not with nothing, but with the onus on Josh Caron, Dylan Carey, Gabe Swansen, Garrett Anglim and some promising newcomers to drive the run production. Sounds like overall there will be more depth and competition, but the bottom line will be getting ‘em on and getting ‘em over. On the hill, hopefully Rob Childress can work the staff into his vision for them, low walk numbers and swing-and-miss stuff. Seeing Drew Christo settle in and realize his potential would be a nice victory for Childress and great leadership for the pitching staff.

Looking forward to keeping our misery index low - don’t strand runners, limit free passes and play defense - and to a competitive, fun team. It’s baseball (and Nebraska sports), so I’ll anticipate some teeth-gnashing stinkers, but bank on the coaching staff and the talent to round into shape…the sooner the better!

GBR!

Last edited:

Lot of hype for Woman's softball, lots of nothing for Baseball. Has me concerned
We will just have to wait and see, my good friend.

Here is the roster, folks. I am not sure if there will be any changes, losing or gaining anyone.

Look at these guys! They are all smiling!! Let's hope that continues throughout the season!

:Koolaid2:

BTW, I have a large group of family, including my 2 gorgeous great-granddaughters, visiting
the first week of March, leaving on the 9th. Don't know if I will be free to do anything here.
After that, let's play ball!!!

1707428232772.png

Last edited:

Iowa getting all the hype, starting the season ranked 16th. They have 1 preseason all american at pitcher

Baseball america Big10 rankings have NU 4th in the conference

1) Iowa
2) indiana
3) Maryland
4) NU

Have to say I wasn’t thrilled to see our starting pitchers for the first weekend. Other than Walsh not a lot of positive production from last year or really even playing time from last year. Hoping Childress can work wonders and we can be something this year.

Nice start so far, the 1-2 record of the first weekend giving way to a 6-1 road record against teams that came into their series with us undefeated. Lots to like, not least of which has been a staff throwing strikes, giving up few freebies and keeping us in games while the bats warm up. Plenty more to learn offensively about the team, particularly getting out faster and keeping foot on gas when we do (see GCU game four). But tough late for sure and some real catalysts that didn't appear on my opening post: Silva, Brumbaugh and Evans. I have optimism that the colder starts for some others will transition to some warming trends and the full lineup will be tough to navigate, such that some midweek and late weekend games could see some big run postings from the offense. Still hate some of our K figures and their timing, but team OPS is roughly 0.100 ahead of opposition, so what do I know?

GBR!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back