• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Getting into NCAA Wrestling As a Fan?

MonagHusker

Recruit
5 Year Member
This might be the first in a series of "getting into..." that I will reach out to the forum on. I find that I just really like sports, but taking the time to immerse myself in different ones can be a challenge. For soccer, I actually selected a team almost randomly (though based on similarities I felt between this club and Nebraska football) about three years ago -- and Liverpool is now one of the best clubs at the moment (I don't expect to have the Midas touch anywhere else).

Wrestling is one of those that I consider. When I was really into MMA, it was due primarily to wrestlers and I can remember being so upset when they would lose to some BJJ practitioner. Of course that sport has evolved to where it's not that simple, with BJJ experts needing some wrestling and vice versa. At any rate, I want to get more immersed in the sport at a collegiate level.

Any thoughts or suggestions for the fans/experts out there?

This might be the first in a series of "getting into..." that I will reach out to the forum on. I find that I just really like sports, but taking the time to immerse myself in different ones can be a challenge. For soccer, I actually selected a team almost randomly (though based on similarities I felt between this club and Nebraska football) about three years ago -- and Liverpool is now one of the best clubs at the moment (I don't expect to have the Midas touch anywhere else).

Wrestling is one of those that I consider. When I was really into MMA, it was due primarily to wrestlers and I can remember being so upset when they would lose to some BJJ practitioner. Of course that sport has evolved to where it's not that simple, with BJJ experts needing some wrestling and vice versa. At any rate, I want to get more immersed in the sport at a collegiate level.

Any thoughts or suggestions for the fans/experts out there?

Following some wrestling Twitter accounts helped me keep up with what's going on. It's too hard otherwise as most events aren't televised.

Flowrestling is by far the best.
Big Ten on the go has some matches, and the TV channel shows a few duals + a Monday series of the matches of the week. @Bean usually has a good handle on the team and recruits too.
These sites I visit quite often: https://www.wrestlestat.com/

Thank you!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back