• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gerry & Joesph ruled inelgible for the Music City Bowl

That is your opinion.

e53d7f8067067a51029cde8260094ff5867b10ab6676b1d493c8dd8d23c4571b.jpg

Sorry, but by your own admission, you were an undergrad and in athletics in the late 60's to 1970. Classes, instructors, coaches, students and athletes do have some different tendencies. I can honestly say the difference in the attitudes and behavior in many of the students and players I met in the mid 70's when my sisters were in school and the early 80's when I was, had dramatically changed. The 'special vitamins' being prescribed, the amount of other recreational materials being partaken in, and yes, some of the social behavior would have shocked most of the folks from only 5, 6, 7 years earlier. Life changes pretty fast on college campuses, and I think you aren't really acknowledging some of the different values the kids are putting on a potential professional career. Guys skipping a senior year wasn't even really heard of until the last 10-15 years, and now it's the norm for anyone with success. Skipping bowl games? Seriously? That wouldn't have even crossed the minds of players, but now, well, it's looking like something we better get used to. Considering the potential for millions in earnings lost via injury, how can we blame them?

I get that you feel he betrayed his teammates, and he may very well have. I would wager that if he goes on to have a great performance in his NFL testing, gets drafted pretty high, and continues to have a strong career, he's going to be at peace with his decision. I think I would be too, if I were in his shoes.
And, if he doesn't? It is all about the "me" and not enough "we." It is what is wrong about society, in general. JMO.

And, if he doesn't? It is all about the "me" and not enough "we." It is what is wrong about society, in general. JMO.
What ever made you think that DONU was immune from the ills of society. They may be less than most but less is not 0.

Perhaps he played all the games because during the season he had passing grades. With finals taking place this time of year, it would appear a final grade came in and he was no longer eligible to play. Seems that's the way it works in most schools.
I believe I remember Sharp & Benning saying that he hadn't even been attending classes most of the fall.

I just don't get why everyone is up in arms... he was eligible his entire career. The bowl game is meaningless... he is going pro...

School is not for everyone. He played very well all season and has a bright pro career ahead of him.

I guess this does not really bother me other than potentially showing a lack of leadership
I couldn't disagree more

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back