• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Georgia Southern Practice Thread: Thursday 8 Sept.: Coach Frost

They only ran for 137 yards

There leading RB had 12 carries for 44 yards

So on the surface do not appear to have a great run game

Threw the ball 29 for 46 times for 367 yards

Vantrese pretty much the dink and dunk throwing game as he did with Buffalo
Exactly what we have trouble stopping, last year, this year.

I have to say that after watching the game again it occurred to me that there wasn't a time that I was worried that the backs were going to fumble! It's been years since I've felt that way! If they can continue to run effectively like last week that will open up the pass even more and then YES this team can be great! Then there's the D! Signs of life so let's see growth against GS! Let's reduce penalties and stop 3rd downs! GBR!

Think folks need to take a breathe as far as the Georgia Southern score last week. Ya, 28 points were scored in the fourth quarter against a very bad team's second and third strings when Georgia Southern pretty much started every drive that quarter between their opponents 35-40 yard line if not closer due to turnovers and horrible special teams play. It was 17-7 almost mid way through the third quarter. Key on Saturday night will be tackling in space.
Yep.

Protect the ball. Lean on them

I have to say that after watching the game again it occurred to me that there wasn't a time that I was worried that the backs were going to fumble! It's been years since I've felt that way! If they can continue to run effectively like last week that will open up the pass even more and then YES this team can be great! Then there's the D! Signs of life so let's see growth against GS! Let's reduce penalties and stop 3rd downs! GBR!
This team will not be even close to great until they figure out how to block and tackle.

The two most fundamental aspects of football, and we've been terrible at both through 2 games, against terrible teams no less.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back