• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

Georgia-Alabama 1994 vs Last Night

johnrr6

Recruit
5 Year Member
Want a shock?

Watch a rerun of the 1994 Georgia Alabama game and then compare it to last night.

The absolute BRUTAL hitting in that 1994 game compared to defensive play this year.

I understand that the game has changed and their are far more restrictions on the defense which discourages the kind of hard physical contact I saw in that 1994 game but it was.....eye opening.

Plus, both 1994 teams seemed to be in FAR better overall condition. I mean Georgia last night looked like the got a D- in their conditioning classes this summer.

Probably the virus has shaped this season as an oddity but still....the difference between the two games in physicality was just soooo obvious.

weaver75

Special Counsel
5 Year Member
Want a shock?

Watch a rerun of the 1994 Georgia Alabama game and then compare it to last night.

The absolute BRUTAL hitting in that 1994 game compared to defensive play this year.

I understand that the game has changed and their are far more restrictions on the defense which discourages the kind of hard physical contact I saw in that 1994 game but it was.....eye opening.
Yet compare last night to any other games this year and it was more physical and better played than any other competitive game this year.
And yes the game has changed — as it tries to keep parents allowing kids to play. Find a video of Night Train Lane in 1960 or 61 if you want physical. Now that is brutal hitting.

johnrr6

Recruit
5 Year Member
Yet compare last night to any other games this year and it was more physical and better played than any other competitive game this year.
Agree best hitting, most crisply played game this year. Until that interception where things changed dramatically. I thought Georgia’s conditioning was lacking but it might have been mental after that pick.

I don’t know about you, but I’m just kind of tired of all the “novelty” of 2020. In just about everything.

I long for some “normality“....

Better days ahead methinks.

GBR!