• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gdowski Vanderbilt OC

CrabHusker

S&C Coordinator-Sponsored by DBol
10 Year Member
Read the story linked on the main page.

Congrats Gerry!

Hopefully this will lead to bigger and better things. He was always one of my favorite Huskers.

Read the story linked on the main page.

Congrats Gerry!

Hopefully this will lead to bigger and better things. He was always one of my favorite Huskers.
Good for him, it will be interesting to see how much longer that staff can hold on, I don't know how they do as well as they do in the SEC with their academic requirements they have.

Good for him, it will be interesting to see how much longer that staff can hold on, I don't know how they do as well as they do in the SEC with their academic requirements they have.

They’re financially set and can do a lot for their athletes other schools can’t. Still doesn’t change the fact they can’t take 75% of the kids on Alabama’s roster, but they do well with what they have.

Vandy used to have a dominant Bball team years ago. Never much of a football school.

Last edited:

They still have a dominant baseball team. Unless you mean basketball. :)

I did mean basketball and after researching it doesn't appear they were all that dominant. I had a friend who went to Vandy in the 90's and said they were crazy about basketball and were good. I took him at his word but looks like they were pretty average during that time.

I did mean basketball and after researching it doesn't appear they were all that dominant. I had a friend who went to Vandy in the 90's and said they were crazy about basketball and were good. I took him at his word but looks like they were pretty average during that time.

In the 90s, they weren't all that good. Zero NCAA Tournament appearances. Yes, your friend exaggerated. :Biggrin:

But since 2004, they've been in the NCAA Tournament 14 of 15 years, 3 CWS appearances in the last 8 seasons, one national runner-up, one national championship. Certainly one of the ten or so best college baseball programs nationally since the middle of last decade.

The coach, Tim Corbin, is regarded as one of the elite college baseball coaches.

Last edited:

Back on topic -- couldn't be happier for Gerry!

I have to prop him up at least once per year.

His senior season as starting QB at NU was one of the top five seasons for a quarterback in Nebraska history. I could even give a fair debate (as I have too many time already -- lol) that it was the single greatest season.

Back on topic -- couldn't be happier for Gerry!

I have to prop him up at least once per year.

His senior season as starting QB at NU was one of the top five seasons for a quarterback in Nebraska history. I could even give a fair debate (as I have too many time already -- lol) that it was the single greatest season.

Preach on man. Preach on.

Considering Gerry spent most second halves watching the 2nd and 3rd stringers play I would say his stats are pretty impressive.

Considering Gerry spent most second halves watching the 2nd and 3rd stringers play I would say his stats are pretty impressive.

There was a Denver area radio sports talk personality that frequently voiced his opinion that the rest of the Big 8 got off lucky that Steve Taylor started instead of Gerry in '87 and '88.

2ud8ga.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back