• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

GC: USMNT vs NICARAUGA (7/15/17) Game Three

Not a great showing for Guzan. Has never been really consistent at the national team level.

Assuming both win in the quarterfinals, we'll get Costa Rica in semifinals anyway.

Not that big of a deal; but, our opponent will depend on the outcome of the Jamaica/El Salvador match (assuming that Mexico does not lose to Curacao by more than 2 goals).

If El Salvador wins outright, I believe we get Jamaica.
A draw and we get El Salvador

A Jamaica win by more than 2 goals, we get Honduras
A Jamaica win by less than 2 goals, we get El Salvador

A Jamaica 2-0 win, we get Honduras
A Jamaica win by exactly 2 goals and El Salvador scores more than 1 goal, we get El Salvador.
A Jamaica 3-1 win, it goes to drawing of lots between El Salvador and Martinique for the final spot. We would get El Salvador if they win the draw and Honduras if Martinique wins the draw.

I think there is a way for Mexico to finish 3rd in their group and we'd face them in first knockout round. El Salvador must beat Jamaica in the early game. Then, if Mexico loses in the late game by more than Jamaica lost by, Mexico drops to third and is our opponent.

Assuming both win in the quarterfinals, we'll get Costa Rica in semifinals anyway.

Not that big of a deal; but, our opponent will depend on the outcome of the Jamaica/El Salvador match (assuming that Mexico does not lose to Curacao by more than 2 goals).

If El Salvador wins outright, I believe we get Jamaica.
A draw and we get El Salvador

A Jamaica win by more than 2 goals, we get Honduras
A Jamaica win by less than 2 goals, we get El Salvador

A Jamaica 2-0 win, we get Honduras
A Jamaica win by exactly 2 goals and El Salvador scores more than 1 goal, we get El Salvador.
A Jamaica 3-1 win, it goes to drawing of lots between El Salvador and Martinique for the final spot. We would get El Salvador if they win the draw and Honduras if Martinique wins the draw.

I think there is a way for Mexico to finish 3rd in their group and we'd face them in first knockout round. El Salvador must beat Jamaica in the early game. Then, if Mexico loses in the late game by more than Jamaica lost by, Mexico drops to third and is our opponent.

Mexico after shining against El Salvador struggled against Jamica. Like the USA they brought a B team and rightfully so after compating in the Confederatons Cup. Not sure what to make of them yet based on their two matches.

I agree to get to the final you are more than likely going to have to face the likes of Costa Rica anyway.

Miazga was so good that Besler needs to head back to KC with Dwyer.

Lol. If you would have told me 10 years ago that I'd be rooting for players off the USMNT in order to return to the club, I'd have laughed. Of course, my season tickets are worth more when SKC is in firsto_O.

Miazga was so good that Besler needs to head back to KC with Dwyer.

Lol. If you would have told me 10 years ago that I'd be rooting for players off the USMNT in order to return to the club, I'd have laughed. Of course, my season tickets are worth more when SKC is in firsto_O.

:eek: :Biggrin: :eek: :Taunt: :Lol:

We also brought our newest goal keeper in to be part of the camp after his one time switch from EL Tri

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back