• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

GC: USMNT vs Martinique (7/12/17) Group Stage Game #2

Guzan with another bad go around gives up another one in minute 75. D did not help at all

Just like a minute later Morris hits his second of the game and the USA is back in top 3 to 2 in minute 77

This has become a track meet

Based on the score if it remains 3 to 2 USA will top the group

10 minutes + stoppage time

Can this young side close it out?

Bruce brings on McCarty to close it out. Good move. Perfect guy to close it out

Morris is in the zone now looking for the hattrick

USA wins 3 to 2 and tops the group. Was not always pretty but they got the job done.

Bruce is now 5-0-5 since his return as the USMNT Coach.

A win is a win, I guess. Nicaragua on Saturday night in Cleveland.

We are currently on top of the group because of goals scored. Keep that spot and we have a group 3rd place team. Finish 2nd and we play a group winner (Costa Rica or Canada). Either of these games are in Philly.

Very outside chance we finish 3rd in the group and have to play Mexico in Glendale, Arizona.

Last edited:

A win is a win, I guess. Nicaragua on Saturday night in Cleveland.

We are currently on top of the group because of goals scored. Keep that spot and we have a group 3rd place team. Finish 2nd and we play a group winner (Costa Rica or Canada). Either of these games are in Philly.

Very outside chance we finish 3rd in the group and have to play Mexico in Glendale, Arizona.

Fingers crossed we top the group.

Guzan can not play like that as a veteran goalie and expect us to win the whole thing. Defending was shaky but both goals were on him.

I think Arena has seen what he wants to see and will come out with a strong lineup on Saturday

Six guys will be switched out on Sunday. Expect the likes of Bradley and Plisiac to come in.

That was a very sloppy performance. We should be able to trot out a B or C team and put a team like that away.

A win is a win, but this squad needs to improve in a hurry.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back