• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

GC: USMNT vs El Salvador (7/19/17) Quarter Final Game

The announcers even said that this was more of a "B" side than an "A" side last night while I was watching. While I may not totally agree, it was a "B" side performance. Let us hope that Bruce has them bust out the "A" performance against Costa Rica.

USA has to tighten things up in order to beat Costa Rica

Very sloppy at times tonight and too many turnovers

The announcers even said that this was more of a "B" side than an "A" side last night while I was watching. While I may not totally agree, it was a "B" side performance. Let us hope that Bruce has them bust out the "A" performance against Costa Rica.

I would say the side last night was more of a mixture side.

I think we all need to keep in mind that perhaps the biggest thing that Bruce was hoping to accomplish was to find four or five players to round out the WC Squad. Something that should have been done in the 2015 GC as we both know. Putting us more behind the eight ball now

With that being said not the greatest performance last night however, first game many of these guys played together. Also need to keep in mind CONCACAF games are a grind even more so when a ref allows a team like El Salvador to mug and assault our players.

Other thing that needs to be asked is why is CONCACAF not using goal line technology or video review in such a major competition? Had they done so the USA would have had a third goal and two possibly three of the El Salvador players would have been sent off.

Sure we need to play better no argument what so ever however a game allowed to become a thug-fest does not help either.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back