• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

GC: USMNT vs Costa Rica (7/22/17) Semi Final Game

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Interesting dynamic as the last game the USA lost was 13 games ago when they were blown out and humiliated by Costa Rica 4-0 in a WCQ on 16 November, 2016. Also proved to be the final game of the Klinsman era in US Soccer.

I have no doubt those who played in that game and are on this team are going to want to purge that loss from their memory by winning tonight and advancing to the GC Final. The USA finished fourth in the last GC so there is even more motivation to win tonight.

Before you felt there was a certain tension there because of what was discussed before regarding problems with Klinsmann," Ramirez said on Friday. "It seemed like a tense environment. Now the environment I see with the U.S. is a happier environment, an environment where the players are working harder, where they’re maybe having more fun.

"I think it’s a theme of Bruce Arena, that he has changed, he has brought a calm and helped the team have an important turnaround in World Cup qualifying," Ramirez said. "Now, in the Gold Cup, we’re in the semifinals and I think they have regained their level."

Last edited:

Why is it starting at 9 pm Central? I'm getting too old to stay up that late.

Why is it starting at 9 pm Central? I'm getting too old to stay up that late.

Good question as its being played in Dallas.

The field looks like garbage with the grass laid on top of the turf. There has to come a point that they stop playing games with grass laid on top of turf.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back