• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gary Carter dies

Around here you either liked the Expos or Bluejays. I was an Expos fan, and a huge Gary Carter fan. It was pretty disapointing when they let him go to the Mets.

Gary Carter was hard not to like (whether you liked the Expos or Mets or not). This was kind of shocking to me, always is when someone who is a comtemporary dies. Another reminder of the reality of our mortality. RIP Mr. Carter.

Last edited:
The Expos had Carter, Dawson, Raines and Wallach....the latter three I followed when they played Triple A for the old Denver Bears....never understood why baseball didn't catch on in Montreal....Carter to me would be Mr Expo if I had to pick one....

Around here you either liked the Expos or Bluejays. I was an Expos fan, and a huge Gary Carter fan. It was pretty disapointing when they let him go to the Mets.

Very sad to hear of his passing. That youthful exuberance that earned him the nickname "The Kid" was a big reason he was a favorite of mine growing up.

We were all Expos fans here in NS and all of the fights in minor ball were over who got to wear 8 for Carter and 10 for Dawson.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back