• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

Garth Glissman

BigRedMax

Administrator
Staff member
20 Year Member
Really nice article by Michael Kelly about Garth Glissman, former walk on quarterback from Waverly who now has a high level job with the NBA.

I met Garth back in 2009 when he was at Kutak Rock. We went to lunch one day and I asked him to sign my Nebraska quarterback football. He said he wasn't worthy but I knew different. Notice how small his autograph is compared to the other signatures. He is a very humble and kind person and represents Nebraska well.

garth_glissman.jpg

nebraska_quarterback_football.jpg

HayBroncSker

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
He was in law school at the same time as my now ex wife. I never got a good chance to ask for his autograph.

dHUSKERc

Recruit
Garth was a great guy. Super intelligent and studied the plays constantly providing feedback to players to make the 1s and 2's better. Wasn't just there to go through the motions but understood the importance of his job. I feel this is something that is mostly like lost on today's players. He's one in a million and deserves all the accolades. Super polite and respectful. Again, most likely lost on most of today's players in the NIL environment.

jmatlock

calling all pals....pals
10 Year Member
I have the 94 National championship football signed by Frazier, Berringer, Osborne, and Devaney only. Wanted Phillips to sign but luckily he wasn’t around.

Pops

I have squandered my resistance
15 Year Member
I have the 94 National championship football signed by Frazier, Berringer, Osborne, and Devaney only. Wanted Phillips to sign but luckily he wasn’t around.
Momma did say you were special

Visit the Sports Illustrated Husker site