• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Garlic Cilantro Lime Rice

4evrHusker

All Big 10
15 Year Member
Ingredients:

Garlic: Use the amount to your personal taste, I used 20 cloves finely diced.
Onion: I finely diced one red, one yellow, and one sweet onion
Cilantro: I used 2 bunches
Lime Juice: I used 2 tbsp, one in the beginning, and one at the end.
Rotel: I used one can of mild
Stock: 3 cups chicken or beef
Rice: 2 cups

​Directions:
I sauteed the onions & garlic in butter and olive oil.
Then I added half of the cilantro and Rotel, and cooked down by half, after adding one cup of stock.
I blended the mixture some, but not completely.
Then, I added the rice to cook in the pot.
Once the rice had soaked up the original stock, I added two more cups of stock.
Then, after it came up to a boil, I added the remaining lime juice, covered the pot and let sit for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, I stirred the remaining cilantro into the rice as I fluffed the rice. I covered it back up and let it sit for five more minutes. Enjoy!

Last edited:

I did not know that about Quinoa, I might have to look into this grain.....

I actually laughed at this. However quinoa doesnt cause my blood sugar to spike like rice does, and it has a large amount of protein too.

Not to mention the fiber. Oh, the fiber.

I actually laughed at this. However quinoa doesnt cause my blood sugar to spike like rice does, and it has a large amount of protein too.

Not to mention the fiber. Oh, the fiber.

It's all in good fun. I enjoy a little quinoa from time to time, but I don't like it enough for it ever to replace rice completely, so long as I don't have to keep track of my blood sugar.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back