• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gardening began today

EastOfEden

Junior Varsity
15 Year Member
At last could get out when it wasn't raining and turn over some dirt. pulling weeds, planting loriapi, spreading mulch, planning the vetetble fgarden. maybe mow the yard tomorrow. I love to be out there doing that.

Have some peppers and tomatoes growing under the lights in the basement. But will be some time before they get planted.

I gave up on tomoatoes a few years ago.They are delicious but I never could get them to ripeness - the birds would peck holes in them.

I mowed and put down fertilizer on Sunday when it was 68˚. Just in time for the rains this week. It was nice to finally be outside again.

I'm going to have a lot of work this summer. Bought a new house in September, so there is nothing in any of the flower beds yet.

The backyard will be a project, it's about a quarter acre completely unfinished, which I like because it is a blank canvas I can set up however I want.

I actually love yard work and landscaping, so I'm looking forward to it.

Mowed the yard today and I'm still upright. I found some kale and broccoli in my garden that grew tright through the winter I'll pick them in the next coupld of days and get wome more plants at the store to put in. Now I'm hoping myh dahlias made it through the winter. I'll know in about a month.

I'm going to have a lot of work this summer. Bought a new house in September, so there is nothing in any of the flower beds yet.

The backyard will be a project, it's about a quarter acre completely unfinished, which I like because it is a blank canvas I can set up however I want.

I actually love yard work and landscaping, so I'm looking forward to it.

Me too. I love gardening and yard work.

My wife’s been planting for a month now, can’t keep anything, once it sprouts snails eat it. We’ve tried everything and can’t kill the damn things off.

LOts of bad stuff coing out recently about Round Up. I've always used it but think I will back off now.

If it worked see if you can remember it. I need something beyond the ones the local nursery has been offering.

Mowed and flagged sprinklers Friday. Aerated, fertilized, laid 5.5 cubic yards of mulch, and ran sprinklers on Saturday. First line trim and edging will take place later this week.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back