• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Gameplan for next year (What coaches NEED to do)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hefty Husker

Recruit
10 Year Member
FIX THE MISTAKES!! Please, coaches, do whatever you'll have to do to stop the dumb penalties, and blown coverages and botched plays. gonna keep costing us games until it is fixed.

FIX THE MISTAKES!! Please, coaches, do whatever you'll have to do to stop the dumb penalties, and blown coverages and botched plays. gonna keep costing us games until it is fixed.

We'll be a solid to really good team if we could just clean up these blunders. How many games have we beaten ourselves?

I would say this is a top down problem, I don't think that we're going to clean up mistakes until our coach starts coaching and stops screaming his head off and getting all emotional every time something doesn't go our way. I understand if there are even handed punishments for mistakes, but going ballistic after just about every one is the antithesis to text book leadership. Pelini should go talk to his boss about composure or talk to a Buddhist or Rick Neuheissel or something about composure.

Without that the team will continue to be bipolar.

Although it's already been said countless times, a good start would be to give another quarterback a genuine look. Martinez simply doesn't have it... and I'm not talking about physically as much as I am mentally. It would be one thing if he had some limitations physically, but was a great leader who could rally his team and keep their heads on straight -- but he just doesn't have it. (I know, I know... this is old news.)

If we didn't make mistakes today we might have ran away with this game.

1. Abdullah's fumble when it looked like we were going to take a big lead
2. Martinez missing Rex on a pass where he might have scored
3. Hey someone guard the 6'5" guy...he is #1 for a reason
4. Martinez INT when driving
5. Dennard, that was pure playground stuff
6. Not the least penalties(4 in one drive), I cannot believe after 2 false starts on the same drive Yoshi looked like he was blaming Taylor...Note to Yoshi, you were the only one moving
7. Martinez making bad reads
8. Martinez, oh they touched me crumple to the ground, the guy NEVER makes anyone miss and goes down on 1st contact EVERY time

1. Stupid steps- teams runs them for every stupid play (false starts, illegal formations, delay of game, dropped passes, fumbles...)
2. Figure out that teams will blitz the shnitzel off Martinez. Work on a strategy to overcome it.
3. Let the other QB's play some. Develop depth in all areas.
4. Focus on getting each player in shape, stronger, and faster. Some of those guys look fat.
5. Attack, Attack, ATTACK!!!!

Rush the passer!

For those who don't care about recruiting rankings I would have liked to see cloudy or however you spell his name in a Husker uniform.

I would also like a do over with the OC choice, promoting from within isn't always the best choice so I have my fingers crossed over JP

For those who don't care about recruiting rankings I would have liked to see cloudy or however you spell his name in a Husker uniform.

I would also like a do over with the OC choice, promoting from within isn't always the best choice so I have my fingers crossed over JP

Clowney. :)

(Though, as a weatherman, I can appreciate "Cloudy.")

Last edited:
Although it's already been said countless times, a good start would be to give another quarterback a genuine look. Martinez simply doesn't have it... and I'm not talking about physically as much as I am mentally. It would be one thing if he had some limitations physically, but was a great leader who could rally his team and keep their heads on straight -- but he just doesn't have it. (I know, I know... this is old news.)

The problem with Martinez is he has been figured out. Teams can take away his big play ability on the ground and when that happens he is below average at best. And I just don't see the leadership ability in him. I don't see us taking the next step with him under center.

Simple; Work on the mental aspect of the game! That's what the coaches need to work on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back