• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Game of Thrones Season 6 Finale (Spoilers!)

Remember there was a horn in that cache of dragon glass? I think he figures out it's the Horn of Winter (or somesuch) and rushes back to Jon to give it to him or tell him about it.

All I could say about Varys is "Holy plot holes Batman!" I have noticed they compress time rather conveniently all the time.
They lost the dragon glass at Hardhome. If they didn't take the horn out, the Knights King has it.

I did google Arya's list, and Walder Frey was on it, Littlefinger is not. The Hound, the Mountain (sort of still alive), Ser Ilyn, and Cersei are the main characters left who haven't died.

Huh... The list I found didn't have any Frey's just mostly Lannister people. And the Red Woman.

Thanks!

They lost the dragon glass at Hardhome. If they didn't take the horn out, the Knights King has it.

Missed that. Thanks.

Edit: I'm going to hope that this small detail follows the books and the Horn is with Sam when they're going to Old Town.

Last edited:
I was thinking about Arya being "faceless" going after the Frey's and the possibilities. My Season 7 prediction is Arya goes after Cersei and Littlefinger and gets one in episode 1 or 2 and the other in the finale. The way she can infiltrate, being "faceless", makes me think she catches Littlefinger red handed in conspiracy and kills him and reveals herself to Jon and Sansa early next season.

Wishful thinking I know but stranger things have happened in this series.

Does Melisandre find Gendry or maybe Sam?

Is Littlefinger on Arya's list? If not, I think she is going to work on her list first. I'd love to see her head up to Winterfell first and reunite with Jon -- they were very close friends before everyone got split up in the first book.

He's not on her list but then neither were the Frey's (technically but it makes sense). I just think she shows up at Winterfell in disguise (faceless) and find's Petyr is up to something (big surprise, I know) and investigates.

Something makes me wonder if they didn't just remove Melisandre for the time being because it was becoming 'awkward' to have her around... she obviously wasn't going to add anything of value to a war council besides what the Lord of Light commands her, but if she's there we all just question why? So by having her 'ride south', it cleans the storyline up for awhile until the White Walkers come and she serves a purpose again.

I was just thinking about Gendry last night when thinking about who was still on Arya's list... where is he at? Still off rowing around the Narrow Sea? Kinda odd.

Also I don't believe the Frey's were on her list as shown on the show, but I believe for the books they were. Left on her list for those that are still alive would be the Clegane brothers (the Mountain and the Hound) and Cersei.

I think he finds something in there essential to killing the white walkers. Wasn't he the one who found the cache of dragon glass when he was beyond the wall.

I do have a question. How did the Varys get from Dorn to the ship sailing for Westeros so quickly. I thought, according to the map, they were a distance apart. Maybe he can teleport. I still wouldn't trade my special parts for that power.

I never understand that... His ability to go to Dorne and back took 1 episode. Also Theon and Yara made it from the Iron Islands to Mereen in 2 episodes... but where is Uncle Euron?

I did google Arya's list, and Walder Frey was on it, Littlefinger is not. The Hound, the Mountain (sort of still alive), Ser Ilyn, and Cersei are the main characters left who haven't died.

I'm guessing Ser Ilyn won't matter in this... we haven't seen him since he chopped off Ned's head.

I think it'll be interesting how Arya's story moves forward... with her killing ability, I wonder if she'll sneak in and take out any main characters before they have a chance to be apart of any future battle - like Cersei/the Mountain... she could get a 2 for 1 there.

I don't get the queen of Thornes and the Sand Snakes. They are talking revenge, but each pre-preemptively murdered one of Cerci's children. In a way Cerci got the revenge for the murder of her children and that pretty much cemented the prophecy in her mind.

The reason is because of the whole Trial by Combat in which the Mountain kills Oberyn, who was her lover, and she has been bitter ever since. And that is not all. Oberyn was upset at the Lannisters because he believes that Tywin ordered his sister's rape and death (by the Mountain). So Ellaria will have continued his hatred for the Lannister family. And besides all of this, she is still very bitter about the Lannisters and Westertos because of the death of Oberyn and wanted the King of Dorne to declare war because of his death.

Last edited:
The reason is because of the whole Trial by Combat in which the Mountain kills Oberyn, who was her lover, and she has been bitter ever since. And that is not all. Oberyn was upset at the Lannisters because he believes that Tywin ordered his sister's rape and death (by the Mountain). So Ellaria will have continued his hatred for the Lannister family. And besides all of this, she is still very bitter about the Lannisters and Westertos because of the death of Oberyn and wanted the King of Dorne to declare war because of his death.
I get the Sand Snakes for Oberyn, but they already murdered Cerci's daughter. No clue what the Queen of Thornes is mad about. She murdered Jeoffry because Margery couldn't control him, then married Margery off to Tommen to get control over him from Cerci. How about taking some responsibility in your son and grand child getting killed?

Something makes me wonder if they didn't just remove Melisandre for the time being because it was becoming 'awkward' to have her around... she obviously wasn't going to add anything of value to a war council besides what the Lord of Light commands her, but if she's there we all just question why? So by having her 'ride south', it cleans the storyline up for awhile until the White Walkers come and she serves a purpose again.
I had a little bit of my own thought on this and haven't seen it brought up anywhere else. May have to start a thread on Reddit.

Cerci just blew up the Sept of Balor. She basically declared war on the Seven and decimated it's leaders and I don't see how that bond can ever be mended again. So her rule is wide open to a new religion. Enter the Lord of Light and possibly Mellisandre.

But I don't think she would be committed to Cersi, so it would be more of a ploy to get close to her kind of like Thoros was assigned to try to convert Robert Barratheon. Another take on this could be she runs into the Brothers without Banners and so does Ayra and it's part of a plan to get Ayra close to Cerci and the Hound close to the Mountain.

I get the Sand Snakes for Oberyn, but they already murdered Cerci's daughter. No clue what the Queen of Thornes is mad about. She murdered Jeoffry because Margery couldn't control him, then married Margery off to Tommen to get control over him from Cerci. How about taking some responsibility in your son and grand child getting killed?
But she just saw her entire line die. It was not just her grandson and granddaughter, but also her son too. She also had blamed Cersi for playing games and ruining the entire kingdom just because she wanted to make sure that the Lanisters ruled. Even her father in Season 1 knew she was difficult and one of the things he told Tyrion was to reel in his sister.

I think the bigger problem Cersi is going to have is the whole debt to the Iron Bank of Braavos. And I am sure the Queen of Thorns was not happy to have invested that much money only to see Cersi blow it all up. I think the Iron Bank will be a more formidable force against Cersi.

I had a little bit of my own thought on this and haven't seen it brought up anywhere else. May have to start a thread on Reddit.

Cerci just blew up the Sept of Balor. She basically declared war on the Seven and decimated it's leaders and I don't see how that bond can ever be mended again. So her rule is wide open to a new religion. Enter the Lord of Light and possibly Mellisandre.

But I don't think she would be committed to Cersi, so it would be more of a ploy to get close to her kind of like Thoros was assigned to try to convert Robert Barratheon. Another take on this could be she runs into the Brothers without Banners and so does Ayra and it's part of a plan to get Ayra close to Cerci and the Hound close to the Mountain.

I like the thought process! I'm just not sure there is time left to let that develop. Of course there has been some streamlining going on lately, so I suppose anything is possible right now.

Speaking of which, I was afraid of this happening... Martin has been moving sooo slow with the last 3 books that the show just decided to go off into uncharted waters and bring it to an end of their choosing rather than develop some of the characters and storylines. Some of it is ok as Martin describes things in painstaking detail, but other things the show completely skips over (Lady Stoneheart) or the whole time travel thing for some characters. I really thought you could tell a definite difference between this season and the past 5, where they had more of an outline to follow.

Does anybody have a good website to suggest for catching up on the storyline? I watched casually for the first few seasons and then really got into it for the last season or two. I'm missing a lot of the backstory.

Does anybody have a good website to suggest for catching up on the storyline? I watched casually for the first few seasons and then really got into it for the last season or two. I'm missing a lot of the backstory.

Honestly, I'd just read "Game of Thrones." That book by itself will get you familiar with most of the characters that are prevalent now, and it also has a chart showing all of the family histories. The next four books are a bit more tedious and you don't have to read those, but the books will do a better job of getting you up to speed than any website.

My wife also swears about the show on HBO where they just talk about the preceding episode. She says it has really helped her understand how all of the different plotlines are going to come together.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back