• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Game of telephone.... what i'm hearing

Wouldn't we have to lay that at the feet of the coordinator? We have the talent to fit the scheme
For me, we’ve had two coordinators in the three years we’ve ran the 3-4. We are in year 3 now so there needs to be some improvement. I think there’s been a continuity issue. Hoping that and a great offseason will get us above .500 this year.

For me, we’ve had two coordinators in the three years we’ve ran the 3-4. We are in year 3 now so there needs to be some improvement. I think there’s been a continuity issue. Hoping that and a great offseason will get us above .500 this year.

The part that people either don't realize or won't admit is there was defensive improvement from 2018 to 2019. Here's hoping there is more in 2020.

Listen, I am just looking at what the naked eye sees. *** you are in closer touch with the program and you have your resources. I am beginning to think (yes sarcasm inserted) that you may be hanging this on Frost. Our defense has sucked for a long time. If a team needs to win it just seems to run the ball down our throats and we cannot stop it when we need to (Iowa x 2, Wisco x 2, Minny last year, etc.). If we have 3 d lineman playing in the pros and they supposedly had good seasons the weakness would be our LB not getting good run fits. It is chronic, it is either personnel or coaching. But it is up to the D Coordinator to put the right people on the field

Listen, I am just looking at what the naked eye sees. *** you are in closer touch with the program and you have your resources. I am beginning to think (yes sarcasm inserted) that you may be hanging this on Frost. Our defense has sucked for a long time. If a team needs to win it just seems to run the ball down our throats and we cannot stop it when we need to (Iowa x 2, Wisco x 2, Minny last year, etc.). If we have 3 d lineman playing in the pros and they supposedly had good seasons the weakness would be our LB not getting good run fits. It is chronic, it is either personnel or coaching. But it is up to the D Coordinator to put the right people on the field

I think the counter is that running it down our throats burns a lot of clock. If we can score early and often, the hare should beat the tortoise in most instances.

To assess weve had proper fits with talent in our front seven is a huge stretch.
I dont see anyone saying that.
Pointing out Alex Davis, seeing our lack of complete players, LBs who can cover and play the run etc, D linemen with better discipline etc.
Lack of depth, preventing situational replacement players etc, add in youth and many departures, thats what were seeing.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back