• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Game Management Due for Improvement?

Stones don't go unturned. Lots of attention to detail, addressing previous shortcomings. And i don't deny there have been shortcomings. Lots of folks on staff, tasked to address these items with corrections.
Agreed. One thing this staff brings is a freshness, a freedom to get better through effort. Starts at the top and certainly on the way down.

I call an Alfred E Neuman on this one

Stones don't go unturned. Lots of attention to detail, addressing previous shortcomings. And i don't deny there have been shortcomings. Lots of folks on staff, tasked to address these items with corrections.
I think you hit on a really good point. Lots of people on staff tasked with the corrections. I'm often amazed how people get so defensive and protective of the staff when a deficiency is brought up. Dang.......do we really believe Rhule hasn't identified it and working on it. Is it really so bad that we dare discuss it and upset the koolaid pitcher.

I think you hit on a really good point. Lots of people on staff tasked with the corrections. I'm often amazed how people get so defensive and protective of the staff when a deficiency is brought up. Dang.......do we really believe Rhule hasn't identified it and working on it. Is it really so bad that we dare discuss it and upset the koolaid pitcher.
I'm impressed with how Rhule seems to react to questions regarding shortcomings. To this point, he acknowledges, rather than gets defensive. And it seems he uses his large staff to brainstorm fixes in a collaboration. Being a head coach at the collegiate level is a BIG job. He seems to be a fixer.

Lack of understanding on my part? Hmmm... Why are these things not a problem for other first year coaches who get their teams to bowl games? I truly DO NOT understand. I look forward to your response...if you can back it up with facts and not speculation.

I was simply making an observation based on facts...and...hoping to see improvement.
Is it not a problem for first year coaches of a team that went 6 years without a winning record. Since there are very few of those I doubt you can find one. But please let me know when you do.

I agree. There is definitely room for improvement on the game management side of things. I do believe much of the issues we encountered last year were due in part to the newness of the coaching staff, schemes, languages, and understanding what you have in your players. Combine that with having to play a lot of kids that probably weren't ready due to injuries and lack of depth, and you've got a recipe for some poor in-game management situations.

With that said, I'm feeling much more confident that everything will run much more smoothly in year 2. And I have no doubt Rhule has talked about this to the point of nauseousness in the coaches offices.
EXACTLY!!!

Is it not a problem for first year coaches of a team that went 6 years without a winning record. Since there are very few of those I doubt you can find one. But please let me know when you do.
Kansas. Want me to keep going?

I feel like game management in the NFL and college is a lost art. Coaches seem to be in love with their schemes and take pride in risk taking.

I feel like game management in the NFL and college is a lost art. Coaches seem to be in love with their schemes and take pride in risk taking.
Interesting thought. Not sure I agree. Rhule last year went fully against type because of injuries.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back