• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Game #33, (W, 70-58), Thu, 3-10 vs Wisconsin, 8 pm CST, ESPN2

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
Huskers (15-17 & 7-12), KenPom ranking: #106 (@ 3/98/16)

Next-Up: B1G Tournament - Indianapolis
Thu, 3/10 vs Wisconsin, (20-11 & 12-6), #27, 8 pm** CST, ESPN2

(Huskers Shock Badgers, 70-58; Advance to Quarter-finals B1G Tournament!)

(**) Game time @ 8 p.m. (central) OR 25 minutes following the conclusion of the Penn State-Ohio State game.

B1G tournament Bracketology: http://btn.com/2016/03/06/heres-the-...ament-bracket/

Last:
Wed, 3/9 vs Rutgers (#290), (W, 89-72) - Great Win in 1st round of B1G Tournament
__________________________________________________ ________________________________
:shout:Let's ROCK HUSKERS :rockon: BEAT THE BADGERS :shout: START A STREAK :corn2:

__________________________________________________ _______________

Links: Game Page, Pre-Game Notes, Audio/Visual & Live Game Stats

o Huskers Game Page:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=210790389

o Live Game Stats
:
http://www.huskers.com//liveStats/li...&DB_OEM_ID=100
OR:
(ESPN - click on 'Box Score')
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/scoreboard/_/group/7/date/20160310

o Broadcast Televison:
ESPN2

o Online:
Watch ESPN.com

o Announcers (ESPN): -
Mike Tirico, Dan Dakich & Sideline: Quint Kessenich (sideline)

o RADIO:
IMG Husker Sports Radio Network - inc'l KLIN-Lincoln (1400 AM); KXSP-Omaha (590 AM); & KRVN-Lexington (880 AM)
AND Compass Media Network - Matt Smith & Rick Mahorn, announcers

o Radio Announcers:
Kent Pavelka & Matt Davison

o Audio Link:
http://www.huskers.com/liveEvents/li...&DB_OEM_ID=100

o Satellite Radio:
Sirius: Ch. 84; XM: Ch. NA

o Game Officials: -
(TBA)

o Opening line:
-
Huskers are 6 point Underdogs

o Game Notes:
http://www.huskers.com/pdf9/4609906.pdf
__________________________________________________ ______________

Nebraska (15-17, 6-12 Big Ten) broke its five-game losing streak with an 89-72 victory over Rutgers on Wednesday in the Huskers’ tournament opener. Shavon Shields led NU with 20 points and a season-high 11 rebounds to pace five Huskers in double figures, as NU used a 17-2 second-half run to pull away. AWIII with 16 pts & 3 rbs.

Tai Webster has become a consistent third scorer down the stretch, contributing 18 points, including 12 in the first half, along with five board and four assists in Tuesday’s tournament opener.

Wisconsin is 20-11 on the season and has won 11 of its past 13 games. The Badgers won the only regular-season meeting with the Huskers, 72-61, on Feb. 10, although Shields missed the game with a concussion.

The Winner faces # three-seed Maryland, Friday evening at around 8 p.m. (central) on BTN.

Last edited:

i like NU's chances in this one. played them pretty close with out Shields a few weeks ag. Granted, we've argued here that the team was actually playing better for a stretch without Shields. BUT....the team meshed pretty well last night. Hopefully they can play their best ball and having Shields back for this matchup will put them over the top. GBR

Wisconsin - Likely Starters
No.NamePo.Yr.Ht.Wt.G/GSPPGRPGOther
3Zak Showalter GJr6-2184x/x 7.73.92.3 apg
10Nigel Hayes FJr6-8240x/x 16.55.83.1 apg
22Ethan HappFrFr6-9235x/x11.97.81.2 apg
24Bronson Koenig GJr6-4193x/x13.52.542.3%-3FG
30Vitto Brown FJr6-8230x/x 9.55.147.4%-3FG

<tbody>
</tbody>

Nebraska – Likely Starters

NoNamePositionHt. Wt. Yr. GP/GS (mins)PPGRPGAPG
3Andrew White III G 6-7216Jr.32/32 - 29.716.56.00.6
5Glynn Watson Jr. G 6-0165Fr.32/16 - 24.0 8.31.82.5
12Michael Jacobson F 6-8222Fr.32/23 - 18.0 4.84.30.5
31Shavon ShieldsG/F 6-7225Sr.28/28 - 30.716.65.02.8
32Benny Parker G 5-9175Sr.32/32 - 25.9 4.72.32.2
Rotation
0Tai Webster G 6-4196Jr.32/16 - 27.5 9.94.12.0
10Jack McVeighG/F 6-8210Fr.32/4 - 17.1 5.02.71.1
11Bakari Evelyn G 6-2178Fr. 18/0 - 4.9 1.30.50.2
23Nick FullerG/F 6-7204So.22/0 - 8.5 2.01.50.2
24Jake Hammond F6-10235So.28/8 - 11.0 2.32.90.2
30Ed Morrow Jr. F 6-7225Fr.28/1 - 13.7 4.13.30.1

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:

I honestly do not feel good about this one. But hey, you've got to play the game. If we hit on all cylinders, you never know.

Let's go Huskers!!!

I am not optimistic. Wisconsin is playing very well right now. And we feasted off offensive rebounds last night. We better shoot better because we will not get many second chance opportunities tonight.

Red Don, thanks for the info on espn2. :)

I agree, we need to rebound better against Wisconsin. But, I just worry about the nervousness of the players. They tend to get up tight when they play a good team. If Shields and Co. just play within themselves (and warm up earlier on their shooting), they make this a good game.

:)

Last edited:
i like NU's chances in this one. played them pretty close with out Shields a few weeks ag. Granted, we've argued here that the team was actually playing better for a stretch without Shields. BUT....the team meshed pretty well last night. Hopefully they can play their best ball and having Shields back for this matchup will put them over the top. GBR

Red Don, thanks for the info on espn2. :)

I agree, we need to rebound better against Wisconsin. But, I just worry about the nervousness of the players. They tend to get up tight when they play a good team. If Shields and Co. just play within themselves (and warm up earlier on their shooting), they make this a good game.

:)

I agree...having Shields back is huge and rebounding better against them is a must! Gotta love the way the team had five in double figures last night. Makes it much more difficult to just focus on two players.

I agree...having Shields back is huge and rebounding better against them is a must! Gotta love the way the team had five in double figures last night. Makes it much more difficult to just focus on two players.

Yeah, that was one of the best things about the game, having 5 in double figures, and then, having Benny tie up Sanders, making him almost moot!

I usually watch the game downstairs, on my big screen. But, tonight, I think I will be on the computer with the gang!! :)

I have a tv here, also. Life is good!! :lol:

Last edited:
Why is it, that so many games that are played before the Nebraska games, go into over time? I can't even believe it, it's happened so many times in both football and basketball.... ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Edit: I thought the Nebraska game started at 5 and not 5:30, so in this case, "Bonus" :gobigred:

Well, another edit, I guess that this is a replay of the Northwestern v. Michigan game. Hmmm, oh well, that's what happens when you just get in the door.... YIKES!!!!

Last edited:
Why is it, that so many games that are played before the Nebraska games, go into over time? I can't even believe it, it's happened so many times in both football and basketball.... ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Edit: I thought the Nebraska game started at 5 and not 5:30, so in this case, "Bonus" :gobigred:

Well, another edit, I guess that this is a replay of the Northwestern v. Michigan game. Hmmm, oh well, that's what happens when you just get in the door.... YIKES!!!!

Go to espn2 - directv 209. Will start pretty soon. :)

Last edited:

Go to espn2 - directv 209. Will start pretty soon. :)

Yeah, I am on the channel. I don't know how or why, but it says that the game was going to start at 5:30 not 6:30(my time that is....) I'm tired of these guys yapping, just get on with the damn game already. Oh, and GO BIG RED!!!!

Yeah, I am on the channel. I don't know how or why, but it says that the game was going to start at 5:30 not 6:30(my time that is....) I'm tired of these guys yapping, just get on with the damn game already. Oh, and GO BIG RED!!!!

New scroll, saying it starts in 5 minutes

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back