• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Game 2: NU v Sam Houston St L 11-10

Losing in the bottom of the 9th doesnt bother me. Its the 5th inning choke job that lost this one.
I agree with that too, you can't let a guy stay out there who can't throw strikes.

My only guess is that we were saving arms again. I hate saving arms.

I guess I shouldn't have said 'gone' but we're both kind of upset. He's been down on Darin a couple years now and I seem to keep trying to calm him down. I think having and losing the lead like we did today was just upsetting.
If he’s been down on him for a couple years, does that mean he was down on Erstad after we won a conference title in baseball?

Look, I get it, today should have been a win. But when we still have guys on pitch counts, guys who were drafted not out of our pitching protocol yet, and we aren’t running guys back to back yet like we will in conference, it seems silly to be so down on the team and Erstad especially after we just upset the #3 team in the country. Sam Houston State was up 10-2 or something like that in the second inning against #18 TCU, it’s not like we let this get away against Air Force in May.

Last edited:

Sorry no good news about today's loss
no excuse

This game is on Silva and no one else
Never mind pitch-count etc

Sorry no good news about today's loss
no excuse

This game is on Silva and no one else
Never mind pitch-count etc
Just so I’m clear... you blame Silva for injuries last year and now this year third weekend of the season when we don’t even have people off their winter throwing programs yet pitch counts aren’t a factor?

My heavens.

Guys... relaxxx. We are a northern school who today had their third full infield-outfield and full batting practice outside while teams like Texas Tech and Sam Houston State stayed outside since the fall hitting and working on defense. Relax. I promise come April it will be ok. We don’t need to be talking firing. We know we let this one get away, but look how many young guys are being called on. We are going to get better and better each week.

Last edited:

Guys... relaxxx. We are a northern school who today had their third full infield-outfield and full batting practice outside while teams like Texas Tech and Sam Houston State stayed outside since the fall hitting and working on defense. Relax. I promise come April it will be ok. We don’t need to be talking firing. We know we let this one get away, but look how many young guys are being called on. We are going to get better and better each week.

SHSU is no slouch team ... perhaps we could give them a bit of credit for scratching back for that win. As clutch as Nebraska was in the Top of the 9th to tie it, they were up to the task in the Bottom half to win it. Long ways to go ...

I’ll co-sponsor that promise! Hate losses like today - they’re turds, but like this year’s ingredients. Gotta get the D playing right.

Way too early for a Northern school to look remotely polished. We'll see how they look mid-April.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back