• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Game 1: NU @ UCRiverside 8:00pm CST

Really good win, you could tell the boys were nervous giving up 5 unearned runs lol. When I saw that lineup and so many first year guys I figured there would be some hiccups.

Interested to watch how Schwellenbach bounces back today. Gonna have some more guys get some opportunities today.

Curry looked dominant, which was great to see against an overmatched Riverside team.

Really good win, you could tell the boys were nervous giving up 5 unearned runs lol. When I saw that lineup and so many first year guys I figured there would be some hiccups.

Interested to watch how Schwellenbach bounces back today. Gonna have some more guys get some opportunities today.

Curry looked dominant, which was great to see against an overmatched Riverside team.
I was at the SLO game when Curry pitched there, which was one of the last that he pitched and I remember thinking how good/big he looked and his composure in a hectoring crowd. If the team is getting production like yesterday's offensively, hopefully Schwellenbach can settle in and let the talent take over. Tough sport at a new, higher level for all the young guys. Great start, GBR! look forward to seeing them in person at today's DH.

Good start.
How will this team stack up to its Big Ten foes?
I’m all in on us for the 2019 season, I’ll have to weather the storm early with doubters. You won’t be able to tell much from this first weekend as Riverside is badddddd. Our youngsters will get a dose of reality next weekend. There was some encouraging stuff tho. 21 runs against whoever is a great showing.

If we can get a 2019 class that is top 25 we could be scary good in 2020 and 2021. Big ten adding scholarships allowed ya to go after a Schwellenbach type player.

Last edited:
Pre-Season rankings:

1) Minn
2) Mich
3) Ill
4) Ind
5) OSU
6) NU
6th would be a disappointment, but I understand where we are based on last seasons results. These people don’t care about injuries last year.

The issue with Riverside is we have to play teams like this to get us used to playing outside and get youngsters up to speed. But even if we do the expected and to 3-1 it hurts RPI.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back