• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Game 1: Columbia @ NU: 1:35 start [W 5-3]

Stroh not available? for the weekend. Staff worried about having enough arms for this weekend

Guess there’s a little work required by the boys to regain our attention (and maybe a bit more than that to restore some optimism?). Keeping Columbia winless on the season through the weekend would be a good start to that. Not a bad opener to the series today, albeit a snoozy one, with decent pitching and another Banjoff bomb. Hope to see the defense tighten up, still some errors, leading to an unearned run today. Even great staffs benefit from solid D, a more challenged one demands it. GBR!

Well, didn't have the time to watch, even if I remembered what time they started. Unusual time for a Fri game, one would think. Hopefully, tomorrow, they don't give back this win with a loss. I did not pick Neb to take the series. I felt they had to improve a heck of a lot. Being home may be what is good for them; a little home cooking goes a long way.

Tomorrow's game is at 12:05 central. Shows it will be a DH!!! Woo! Woo!! ;) The 2nd game starting time will be determined, of course, by when they end the 1st game. Duh! :Happyrun: Hey, that's what the schedule says, o.k.? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Columbia's RPI heading into this series was 288 out of 300 teams. One of the absolute worst teams in the sport -- and certainly the worst team NU will play all year. If Nebraska can't win this series, they should shut down the program in Lincoln. Fortunately, 1 game to none lead has things looking good. :)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back