• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked FWAA Coach of the Year ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigRedMax

Administrator
Staff member
20 Year Member
I am a voting member of the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA) and I get to nominate and vote for different awards. The winner will be announced on Monday. Here is how I voted in order from 1-8.

1 David Cutcliffe - Coach - Duke
2 Art Briles - Coach - Baylor
3 Jimbo Fisher - Coach - Florida State
4 Gus Malzahn - Coach - Auburn
5 Gary Pinkel - Coach - Missouri
6 David Shaw - Coach - Stanford
7 Mark Dantonio - Coach - Michigan State
8 George O'Leary - Coach - UCF

Hard to argue the names on the list. The only comment I would make is that it would be hard for me not to rank Malzahn higher than 4th. Taking a 3-9 from last year to the BCS Championship game in one year is pretty impressive.

Great list, Max. You obviously did your homework.

Might have given some recognition to the Minnesota coach (Sick?).

Since I'm always more impressed in those coaches who do more with less talent, I would drop # 3 Jumbo Fisher and # 4 Malzahn.

With the talent on both teams, both should be top 10 teams, on talent alone.

Since I'm always more impressed in those coaches who do more with less talent, I would drop # 3 Jumbo Fisher and # 4 Malzahn.

With the talent on both teams, both should be top 10 teams, on talent alone.

i think it's Malzahn in a cakewalk. that team was a complete and utter disaster last year. what Cutliffe did was great, but he basically played a big east/mac/mwc schedule this year. in a 2 team conference he didn't play either team in the regular season.

Good stuff for sure.
one could argue the top 3. Meaning I think any of them could have been #1

i think it's Malzahn in a cakewalk. that team was a complete and utter disaster last year. what Cutliffe did was great, but he basically played a big east/mac/mwc schedule this year. in a 2 team conference he didn't play either team in the regular season.

Yeah, but its still DUKE, 80% of that conference has more talent.

If we use my criteria of giving credit to those who coach with less, then Cutliffe is the clear winner.

Auburn has top 5-10 recruiting talent, and one "crazy play" away from a 2 loss season, that no one remembers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back