• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Future NUHC Urban Meyer on BIG noon kickoff.

Please.....Please make this happen. That's all.

I'm not positive it's not going to happen, but pretty close. I don't see him having the kind of commitment it would take to take the job and win at Nebraska.

On Urb the coach, sure, he's good. He can coach. He can run a coaching staff. He's legit. Stuff seems to happen with him around though.

Let's take a look at his tenures:

Bowling Green - 2 years
Utah - 2 years
Florida - 5 years
Ohio State - 6 years

Both Florida and Ohio State ended with some sort of odd 'Stepping away' deal. Do you feel comfortable with him coming into Lincoln and knowing you've got a rental who's going to leave under somewhat mysterious circumstances, win or lose?

Your answer may be 'As long as we win for a few years' and that's your call.

I'm not positive it's not going to happen, but pretty close. I don't see him having the kind of commitment it would take to take the job and win at Nebraska.

On Urb the coach, sure, he's good. He can coach. He can run a coaching staff. He's legit. Stuff seems to happen with him around though.

Bowling Green - 2 years
Utah - 2 years
Florida - 5 years
Ohio State - 6 years

Both Florida and Ohio State ended with some sort of odd 'Stepping away' deal. Do you feel comfortable with him coming into Lincoln and knowing you've got a rental who's going to leave under somewhat mysterious circumstances, win or lose?

How is spending 2 years at lower programs because you did so good a bad thing?

I get it but your right we need to win now.

Urban, Saban would both likely get us above .500 next year.

Some of the other guys we're talking about can and likely will do the same.

I'll be honest, I want a guy who can do that, match or beat the Pelini standard, including Division and Conference Championship contention and stick for a decade.....or longer.

I think we've got options.

How is spending 2 years at lower programs because you did so good a bad thing?

Where did I say it was a bad thing? Just pointing out he's had multiple short tenures.

The Florida and Ohio State stops are less attractive from an optics standpoint. Leaving under the cover of night kind of crap.

Bowling Green - 2 years
Utah - 2 years
Florida - 5 years
Ohio State - 6 years

I’m in the anti-Urb group. To me, the juice wouldn’t be worth the squeeze…

Where did I say it was a bad thing? Just pointing out he's had multiple short tenures.

The Florida and Ohio State stops are less attractive from an optics standpoint. Leaving under the cover of night kind of crap.
While those schools have big recruiting advantages, you can't discount the fact that he won 3 NC's. You can can active coaches that have won one on one hand.

There are coaches that can maximize talent and have a system to take a team from mediocre to good. And then there are guys that can go out and get top talent and run a championship program from assistants and players and there just aren't that many.

What I have seen too much in this first group, Frost included, is they catch a spark with great QB play and ride it into their next job where it doesn't work out so great.

What Urban has done that is impressive is he has modified his offense to match the strengths of his players. Almost none of his QBs had success in the pros. He won a NC with Teebow who couldn't pass. He won another with his 3rd string QB.

His spread option offense is also a much better fit for us than anyone out there. I'm much more interested in us taking on that system and think we would have better success with it both for recruiting and execution.

Matt Leinart says Urb has no interest in NU job.

C

giphy.gif

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back