• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Future Non-Conference Foes

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would like to see the following games

Boise State (won't happen, they want a million bucks to do a one time visit, and we're not doing a home and home with them)
Texas
Oklahoma
Notre Dame
Boston College
UConn
Rutgers
Oregon
Florida State
Colorado
Kansas
Missouri

All of these would be fun and it's in no particular order.

I'm not really too particular about non-conf games in terms of which teams to play, more like what regions to play. NU should have some sort of regular presence either in Texas, California, or Florida. I don't see why it would be too hard to play a non-conf game in Texas one year, California the next, Florida the following year, and repeat that cycle every four years, putting a random non-conf game in there to break things up. There's enough schools in those states where you wouldn't have to play truely difficult road games, and still play a decent amount of different opponents. They already have it set up in a way. UCLA next year, Hattiesburg in 2013 (not a bad road game to play in SEC country), back out to Cali in 2014, then to Miami in 2015, with another game in Knoxville in 2017.

You'll probably see fewer of these games in the future when Delany gets what he wants...a 9 game schedule.

We'll still have one "big" name in the non-conference every year. Instead of three "cupcake" games, we'll go back to having just two - like we used to do in most seasons pre-2006.

indeed. ohio u's stadium holds 24,000 people. it's surprising that we'll travel to southern miss again -- but even that's 50% larger at 36,000.

And Boise State's stadium only seats 33,500. A 2-for-1 is the only way we'll ever play Boise State, unless they drop their million dollar ransom demand.

home & home:
Oklahoma
Tejas
Texas A&M

the occasional:
Air Force
Iowa State
Wyoming
CSU

Every year:
Kansas

Last edited:
what about washington, UCLA, Southern Miss

Oh wait we play them all the time it seems like

Id go with
Maryland
Rutgers
Houston
Virgina
Oregon St
Arkansas
South Carolina
Utah
BYU
Hawaii
Miss St

Thinking combination recruiting exposure, tradition, and interestiing teams.

San Diego State (2 for 1)
UCLA, USC, Cal, Stanford

2 for 1's:
TCU (Game in Jerry World)
Houston (Game in Reliant)

Home-and-Home:
Clemson
Florida State
South Florida
North Carolina
Boston College
Texas A&M