• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Future Non-Conference Foes

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll still have one "big" name in the non-conference every year. Instead of three "cupcake" games, we'll go back to having just two - like we used to do in most seasons pre-2006.

Don't count on it. There will be 2 excuses.

1. Too many tough games in a 9 game Big 10 schedule.

2. Scheduling difficulties in lining that "big name up" so that the home portion of that deal is in years where you only have 4 home games in conference. They won't be doing 6 game home schedules...ever. Haven't had a 6 game home slate since 2004 and that was before 12 game seasons came along. Had 8 a few times and I'm sure NU wouldn't mind doing it again on occasion.

A 9 game schedule in the Big 10 will absolutely NOT encourage the scheduling of Big games. They might not totally go away but you'll see less of the Big names and more of programs that will do 2 for 1 type deals...DECENT programs but no the LSUs of the world.

A negative effect will be the occasional weakening of the schedule. Those years where you play 3 cupcakes or where "Fresno" is your name team and the "extra" big 10 team is a chump like Indiana...will make it more difficult to get in the title conversation occasionally.

The big 10 already screwed the pooch with it's stupid and unfair "cross divisional rival". Leave the 8 game conference season alone.

Last edited:

Based on the past 5 years, I would not like to see our players roaming the smurf turf.

Our defense the past few years (maybe excluding this year) would have shut down BSU. We managed to mostly shut down the likes of Jake Locker, Tyrod Taylor, Colt McCoy, etc. Heck, our pass efficiency defense this year was even pretty decent.

Boise State just doesn't scare me at all.

I would like to see an away/away played in Hawaii! Early or late December...a warm up to the B1G champ game, or bowl game. :Biggrin:

1. Hawaii- So I can see a Husker game without flying thousands of miles.
2-3. LSU-Bama- Want to see the Huskers play the best the SEC has to offer
4. Oregon- Could be a fun match up and preview of a future Rose Bowl game
5. Oklahoma- for nostalgia
6. Miami or Florida St- renew some of the old Orange Bowl rivalry. Guess we already got Miami on the upcoming non-con in the future so FSU would be nice at some point as well.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back