• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Futbol 20-21

Oh, and I love Rashford. I know I shouldn't. But that guy plays off others much, much better than he's given credit for. Glad to see him with the hat-trick.

Arteta has already done in less than one season what Arsene Wenger couldnt do for a decade and that is stiffen up Arsenal’s spine.

ManU is admitted a dumpster fire right now, but arsenal controlled the match for vast swaths of the time. Thomas Partey is the box to box midfielder they always wanted Aaron Ramsey to be. He and Mo Elneny (!) had Pogba and Fernandes in their pocket all match. Completely dominated the midfield. Ironically, despite having a ton of money invested in the attack, Arsenal is struggling to make chances in the final third.

I think they have a real chance in the Europa league and a top 4 finish

Red Reign's Chelsea Update:

After leaving Chelsea for dead (or at least 8th place) just 3 weeks ago...........it's amazing what a central backbone does for a team and its players. Thiago Silva and Mendy. God bless em. Silva even has Zouma playing well. Turns out, Reece James is twice the player when he isn't having to pick up the pieces left by Christensen, and has cover to get forward, where he's a machine. And Mendy. The dude came in vocal and confident. That's what age and experience mean to a keeper. All the stuff Kepa wasn't. Amazing how a team absolutely cannot play out of the back one week, and then looks so smooth doing it when the right pieces are in place. Of course, they've been playing some below average competition, but that never stopped them from crapping the bed before.

I don't even care where they finish (I mean, I do, but not stressing it). They are 10x more enjoyable to watch. Of course, having Ziyech helps. It's almost a shame he wasted the last couple years at Ajax where none of us could watch him regularly. Is it me, or is Ziyech a much better version of Almiron? Same game, same smile on their faces. And since we're here, am I the only one who thinks Almiron crushes it if surrounded by better players?

Still business to do to catch the league leaders in talent. I like where we are sitting in the attack. I like it alot. Pulisic, Timo, Tammy, Hudson-Odoi. That's quality, that's youth, that's the right number to rotate. Having Giroud is just a bonus. I like where we are sitting in midfield if it includes Ziyech, Havertz, Mount and Kante. After that, there's where Chelsea doesn't have the depth to make a run. Jorginho sucks. Kovacic is nice, but he's not what wins leagues. Little Billy needs to play in La Liga, not the EPL, for a couple years. Need more here because they can push Mount and Ziyech up the pitch to fill for injured forwards if needed.

I like where we sit at outside back. Azpi backing up James and Chilwell. :thumbsup:

Then we come to central defense. We probably get another year (maybe two?) of "quality Silva". Zouma is a spot starter, but not enough. Everyone else has proven they suck. If only we activated Ake's clause because I like him. Chelsea has one job to do either this winter or next summer. Find a world class center back. If they can add a serviceable #6, then that's job #2.

Time to find new homes for Jorginho, Emerson, Alonso, Christensen and Rudiger. We have guys on loan who can take all those spots or just need to move on from.

Last edited:

Yeah, I know it was Panama, and I know we shouldn't look too much into it, but c'mon, when was the last time we saw a USA team this young, with this many people to get excited for AND I KNOW I'll leave someone off...

Pulisic; Chelsea
Reyna; Dortmund
Dest; Barcelona
McKennie; Juventus
Adams; Leipzig
Steffen; Manchester City...I know he rides the bench
Sargent; Werder Bremen
Weah; Lille

In the past we had a couple players playing but none getting the pitch time that we're seeing now, and making contributions for some big clubs....even more exciting for me is ALL of these guys are so young

As I watched the "experts" talk about the team after Wales and Panama I thought...are these guys jealous because they were never as talented as these kids, or maybe just being too hard on the team realizing they have maybe 2 weeks of practice and never played together. But again, as I looked at the above, it made me hopeful, hopeful we'll see the team turn a much awaited corner and step up to the level we expect for a team wearing a US Jersey in any sport to play.

I can finally get excited for USA Soccer again, after the man who will remain nameless nearly killed the team

Crazy MLS playoff results.

Dallas over Portlando_O
Nashville over Torontoo_O
Revs up 2 on Phile at the halfo_O

SKC needs penalties to beat San Jose:thumbsup:

Oh, and I love Rashford. I know I shouldn't. But that guy plays off others much, much better than he's given credit for. Glad to see him with the hat-trick.
Ooops, I reread this and realize I typed Rashford, but meant Lingard.

United slowly moving back up the table now in 7th with a game in hand. A win in that game in hand moves them up to third place

So things are looking up

Last edited:
Up to fourth with a game still I hand. A win moves them too of the table. Has been fun to watch them move up the table from a low of 15

Crew win the MLS Cup and do so with no doubt they deserved it

By far the better team and it was never close

United jumps over Chelsea to 5th place

Still have a game hand. Assuming that game is a win they would jump to second a point out of first

This run up the table has been fun to watch

Watched this one and was shocked at the early 2-0 lead in the first three minutes and the final score of course. United up to third with a game still in hand

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back