• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked "Fun" Positions to Come (in Recruiting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
A short synopsis as to where we are at in recruiting....:)

When you look at where Nebraska sits in recruiting, you see they've done a lot of the meat and potatoes work. They have 5 linemen committed for 2011 (4 offensive, one defensive). In addition, they've got four defensive backs, two quarterbacks, a placekicker, and a linebacker. So what do they do with the remaining 6-8 scholarships that they'll have to offer? It appears they'll want pass-catchers, ball carriers, and pass-rushers - the fun stuff.

If you follow sites like Rivals.com and Scout.com, it appears the Huskers have offers out to at least seven running backs. Aaron Green (brother of current Huskers defensive back Andrew Green) is the name everyone seems to know, but there are a number of highly touted backs in their sights. Then there are at least a couple dozen wide receivers they've offered. Several of them are hot properties. The Huskers continue to seek offensive line help and still have offers out to a half dozen prospects.

There are as many as 11 linebackers still holding offers. So the recent commitment of David Santos probably doesn't end their hunt for good young linebacking help. Likewise, there still are 13 offers out to defensive backs. Not to mention another seven defensive tackles. There are 11 defensive ends with offers, and presumably the Huskers would seek at least two.

Surprisingly, only three tight ends have offers. Considering two seniors are leaving and Chase Harper's arrival will at a minimum be delayed, you might have expected them being more aggressive at that spot.

Once practices commence, recruiting talk will fade into the background, but don't be surprised to see the Huskers hone in on playmaking positions from this point onwards.

http://bigrednetwork.com/archives/2010/08/fun_positions_to_come.html

I think allot of them have had the old "Ya..we'll see if your really going to throw the ball" attitude.

I truly think that if Niles Paul has a great year....the WR will start coming. He's highly touted by pre-season mags...draft analysists etc..If he can't have a productive year..(ala. THROW THE BALL TO HIM!)... our WR recruiting pool will be pretty slim.

Whehter we like to amit it or not...our offense just hasn't had a specific identity and I wonder if that's what is causing us to not land the more talented WR's.

Great read! Thanks Red! I am confused as heck on the Chase Harper tidbit. Last I remember reading is people on this board, not naming names wrote him off and I remember hearing specifically that he will NEVER play a down for NU??? Is this tidbit just a nice way to take that one step farther? If the kid is already gone, then why mention him? Is he still trying to make it to NU is what I guess I am asking!

I don't think he will and no he is not coming to nebraska thsi season.....he is no longer a Nebraska recruit and will play a second season of JUCO football....we would have to re-recruit him for he 2011 class....don't count on that happening....

Great read! Thanks Red! I am confused as heck on the Chase Harper tidbit. Last I remember reading is people on this board, not naming names wrote him off and I remember hearing specifically that he will NEVER play a down for NU??? Is this tidbit just a nice way to take that one step farther? If the kid is already gone, then why mention him? Is he still trying to make it to NU is what I guess I am asking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back