• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Fun hunting gear and gadgets

Another is headlamps, I remember as a kid going out to the duck blind with my Dad and Uncle setting up decoys and opening the blind in the dark before sunrise... Hold this light, here hold this light, hold this light... Now I wouldn't know what to do without one.

1586649826031.png

One of my last purchases was the Havalon Piranta knife. Changeable blades. Works for skinning and boning deer. Also works well for breasting ducks and pheasants. Have been impressed so far.

I don't know if this counts as a "gadget," but I think that it's close enough. @CrabHusker, if your wife doesn't want you killing squirrels, could you convince her that this is a way to give them the fun experience of flying?

I already showed her one of these videos and was roundly chastised.

While I think she'd prefer the squirrel launcher to either my dogs killing them or a 5.56 squirrel ventilator, my rolling laughter at the squirrel trebuchet was...not....appreciated.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back