• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frustrating to see other B1G schools STILL adding recruits

We’ve had highly rated players leave and none ended up better than NU. So they could be the first.
Didn't we have a RB who transferred to TCU and do pretty well there? Braylon(sp) Herd? I can't remember for sure. Can't think of anyone else transferring to a P5 school and excelling.

Well these schools have an identity that they have been recruiting to...I think we are still searching for answers on both sides of the ball....and recruits can pick up on that...once we establish an identity...I think we will be fine

Well these schools have an identity that they have been recruiting to...I think we are still searching for answers on both sides of the ball....and recruits can pick up on that...once we establish an identity...I think we will be fine

It feels like we have an identity - desire to excel with no fear of failure. Offensively it is built on speed and tempo. Defensively it focuses on forcing turnovers, big plays/hits, no big plays given up.

We just are waiting to fully see those identities over multiple games for all 4 quarters against evenly matched and better opponents.

It feels like we have an identity - desire to excel with no fear of failure. Offensively it is built on speed and tempo. Defensively it focuses on forcing turnovers, big plays/hits, no big plays given up.

We just are waiting to fully see those identities over multiple games for all 4 quarters against evenly matched and better opponents.
agreed sort of...but how can you call that an identity when you have not seen it for a full 4 quarters? Iowa and Wisc and now Minn play a full 4 qtrs. true to their identity...easier to recruit to that...all im saying

Last edited:
agreed sort of...but how can you call that an identity when you have not seen it for a full 4 quarters? Iowa and Wisc and now Minn play a full 4 qtrs. true to their identity...easier to recruit to that...all im saying

(Maybe it's semantics?), but I think you might be confusing identity with execution. IMPO Nebraska has an offensive identity. It's just been a matter of recruiting to it and then developing the guys in it.

Can you point to examples in the post that you replied to that you are referencing? I actually have two things I mention in there that came directly from the staff. Or are you just focusing on what I say we need to improve on that our staff has told me and choosing to ignore the positive things I say?

I simply said i hope you were available to help the staff. If they tell you the things they need to improve upon, then that is great and in your posting history you have commented many times on things that need fixing and ways they could be improved. If they are telling/asking you about things that need fixed, i would hope you would share your insight on how it can be accomplished.

Your posting history speaks for itself. You have pointed out many issues that you feel need fixed. We probably just have different styles, if my friends told me of things they needed to improve, i would probably give them my thoughts on how that could be accomplished. Then they are free to take that information and use it or ignore it. I probably wouldn't tell a bunch of other people that my friends were failing in key areas. Again, supporting the program, coaches, or friends doesn't have to be the same for everyone.

Typically an identity is something you build toward and use as a guide for making decisions, like on the recruiting trail.

Look at OL. Years of guys who varied in frame and height and now we see a very clear picture of height and length. They are recruiting guys toward an identity. You could choose any position and see it there in ways that I don't remember in the past. OLB - long and athletic. We simply are not recruiting OLB who are 5'11" and can really put it on a highlight film. We are recruiting a very specific type of athlete for that position and that plays towards our identity. In the secondary we used to recruit guys whose highlight films showed coverage skills. Recently you see way more highlight films showing big hits, physicality, and ball skills. We are recruiting players for a secondary to fit the identity.

Saying that Iowa or Wisconsin are doing things the way they are doesn't actually impact what we are in progress of doing. How do you think Iowa/Wisconsin/everyone got to that point? Consistency in staff, clear plan in recruiting, and time.

Next year we will have 13 or so seniors on the roster. A lot has been argued about this being "Frost's guys". But when we have 20 seniors on the roster who have all been developed toward the identity and recruiting for it and 4 classes of depth behind it, I think we will see it.

You don't have an identity by stating it. You claim an identity and then develop into it. Inconsistencies in year 2 are lessons that we will learn, not predictions about the future.

Last edited:

Typically an identity is something you build toward and use as a guide for making decisions, like on the recruiting trail.

Look at OL. Years of guys who varied in frame and height and now we see a very clear picture of height and length. They are recruiting guys toward an identity. You could choose any position and see it there in ways that I don't remember in the past. OLB - long and athletic. We simply are not recruiting OLB who are 5'11" and can really put it on a highlight film. We are recruiting a very specific type of athlete for that position and that plays towards our identity. In the secondary we used to recruit guys whose highlight films showed coverage skills. Recently you see way more highlight films showing big hits, physicality, and ball skills. We are recruiting players for a secondary to fit the identity.

Saying that Iowa or Wisconsin are doing things the way they are doesn't actually impact what we are in progress of doing. How do you think Iowa/Wisconsin/everyone got to that point? Consistency in staff, clear plan in recruiting, and time.

Next year we will have 13 or so seniors on the roster. A lot has been argued about this being "Frost's guys". But when we have 20 seniors on the roster who have all been developed toward the identity and recruiting for it and 4 classes of depth behind it, I think we will see it.

You don't have an identity by stating it. You claim an identity and then develop into it. Inconsistencies in year 2 are lessons that we will learn, not predictions about the future.
Valid points...and I hope/think you're right..All I was saying is its easier to recruit to something that's proven on the field instead of a sell job.....which was what this thread was all about...other B1G Schools adding recruits...while we were in a lull....

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back