• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost's director of recruiting operations takes job at Alabama.

He’s an outlier when it comes to loyalty...
It’s a very important role but less important than the actual coaches
Which brings me back to my original post... not sure what loyalty has to do with Frost and Nebraska in a thread about Welton. His family isn’t even here yet and obviously won’t be now.

Now, there are a few coaches that the raise was needed I think to get them here. But we have a ton that it was about loyalty coming up here with Frost.

The ENTIRE staff came, but loyalty is a thing of the past?

It's really strange how different you are approaching Frost compared to Riley. You seemed so certain that Riley was going to be great, but seem so skeptical about Frost. Much less effusive these days... why is that?
I have 1000x more confidence in Frost than I did in Riley, he is the real deal. But let's not fool ourselves, when you double people's salaries they tend to like that a lot. They'll move almost anywhere.

Last edited:

I don’t think it’s disloyal to leave for a promotion, nor would that indicate loyalty to cash. I wouldn’t expect us to lose assistants to lateral moves for more money, but I expect competitive, successful people to aspire to have more responsibilities. If someone leaves for an opportunity they won’t get here, good on them. Heck, Frost will probably give them recommendations.
The article says this is a lateral move (same job title)...I'm guessing for more cash. What do you think? I don't think Frost would ever recommend this 3-month traitor for anything after being stabbed in the back.

Last edited:
Weston came from Tennessee so he is going back to the SEC which he knows better. Also, Butch Jones is currently an offensive analyst for Saban. I don’t think this move is all that surprising.

Weston came from Tennessee so he is going back to the SEC which he knows better. Also, Butch Jones is currently an offensive analyst for Saban. I don’t think this move is all that surprising.
Yeah, he probably took a pay cut and was only doing it out of loyalty to Jones. Plus, he knows we won't ever recruit in SEC country. ;)

There's some people that came over for the salary increase. There's some that would have came for less (even though we would never do that). There's some we gave way more than we needed to even tho we gave them even more than what they were making at UCF.

Frost wasn't going to play "match the salary" game on this guy. He may with others. And we will certainly lose assistants in the Frost era just like others.

The article says this is a lateral move (same job title)...I'm guessing for more cash. What do you think? I don't think Frost would ever recommend this 3-month traitor for anything after being stabbed in the back.
When I referenced assistants, I meant assistants, since they were the subject of the post I responded to.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back