• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost's College Football Coach Ranking

Megatron

Recruit
5 Year Member
The link below is featured on the front page, but I wondered how you feel regarding Scott's ranking.
I considered his:
  1. Roster Management
  2. Recruiting
  3. Staff Accountability/Coaching Hires
  4. S&C
  5. Play Calling
  6. Program/player Discipline
  7. Win/Loss Record
I would put him in the 45+ range.

Your thoughts?

I think it is a fair poll -- I would put Kelly, Kiffin, Schiano, Brohm and Sumlin above him so I guess he is around 38-40 ranking to me and that is being extremely generous.

Nothing like being in the bottom half of another Power 5 Conference Poll .... I'm sure this means we will give him another raise soon.

The link below is featured on the front page, but I wondered how you feel regarding Scott's ranking.
I considered his:
  1. Roster Management
  2. Recruiting
  4. S&C
  5. Play Calling
  7. Win/Loss Record

Your thoughts?
Boy - I thought I had a bad view of the future under Frost. Woof.

If #7 on the list (Win/loss record) was better, 1-6 wouldn't get much attention. To echo what has been stated many times in these forums, Frost needs his team to produce this year. If he starts showing up as a regular on the "hot seat" we're headed towards square 1 all over again and may not bloom into a respectable and feared opponent for many years to come. I continue to wish the very best for him but have to admit his low-tier ranking is about right.

I think it is a fair poll -- I would put Kelly, Kiffin, Schiano, Brohm and Sumlin above him so I guess he is around 38-40 ranking to me and that is being extremely generous.

Nothing like being in the bottom half of another Power 5 Conference Poll .... I'm sure this means we will give him another raise soon.

Of those you listed the only one I would put higher is Brohm. I think 34 is very fair. Kelly has really done nothing at UCLA, Schiano hasn't been a college HC in about 10 years and Sumlin really has done nothing since he was at Houston.

losing seasons are one thing, but his game time decisions have really jumped out at me! I hope he is learning and is not stubborn and thinks he knows best. I highly doubt that, but guys can get a big head fast.

I would not have him as high as he is, at this point.

Would be interesting to compare their salaries as well. Not that $$ equates to performance, but just to see if there’s some similarity (in ranking) there as well.

I considered his:
  1. Roster Management
  2. Recruiting
  4. S&C
  5. Play Calling
  7. Win/Loss Record

Your thoughts?

I think he is excellent in all areas.

(Sorry)

Actually, here is my assessment:
  1. Roster Management: TBD, but for the most part I'd say he's doing well. I don't know if our record last year would have been much better if he had thrown any other guys out there. Maybe a little better "resource allocation" would have helped our record in 2019, but SF's bigger concern is building for the future (i.e. building depth). He could only play with the limited hand he was dealt. {Funny how I got all over FHCBC for throwing away the '04 season... But '19 was different. BC took a winning program and turned them into losers; SF is trying to turn a losing program into champions.}. I think it will take another year or two before we can answer this one.
  2. Recruiting: Also TBD. The recent loss of 2 in-state guys has put a damper on the optimism. As has been discussed ad nauseum, our W-L record has not helped recruiting. And this class is going to be smaller as well, so that won't help our ranking.
  3. Staff Accountability/Coaching Hires: Encouraged by the moves this off-season. Looking forward to seeing the results.
  4. S&C: Not perfect, but we've seen a team that is better conditioned (the games we didn't finish were due to mental issues), and injuries have been down.
  5. Play Calling: Seems like not so great. We have seen some flashes of greatness, and some head-scratching moments. But I think the latter come mostly from matchup issues (again due to depth) and from 1 or 2 guys missing critical details on an assignment.
  6. Program/player Discipline: Good. I think he has met the challenges appropriately.
  7. Win/Loss Record: absolutely sucks

We really need the 2020 season to happen, so we can see some results.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back