• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost will get another year

NU_Alum

Husker Fan
5 Year Member
I didn't think so before last night but even at 4 wins I think Frost gets another year now. The defense is elite, we need to keep that side of the ball together.

The offensive line is young (the blame for that is on Frost IMO) and Austin isn't getting it done.

I think you'll see Frost make two changes. Austin will be gone as will another coach. We'll bring in a new OL coach and a top special teams coach. That will be enough to buy Frost next year.

Not saying I agree it should happen, but that's what I think is going to happen.

Last edited:
I didn't think so before last night but even at 4 wins I think Frost gets another year now. The defense is elite, we need to keep that side of the ball together.

The offensive line is young (the blame for that is on Frost IMO) and Austin isn't getting it done.

I think you'll see Frost make two changes. Austin will be gone as will another coach. We'll bring in a new OL young and a top special teams coach. That will be enough to buy Frost next year.

Not saying I agree it should happen, but that's what I think is going to happen.
I agree

Just got done looking at stats, top 30 in both Total Offense (though we have 1 more game than most) Total Defense at 27 before yesterday and will likely be better today once it's updated. Not Special Teams aren't at the bottom but not far off. So yeah agree on another year, doesn't disappoint me just want the Texasing to play like they can and NST to be Special.
It'd be really nice to know where we may be right now with better technique on the line, and even a top 50 Not Special Teams. It sucks knowing we have talent up front on both side but only 1 side shows it.

I think you'll see Frost make two changes. Austin will be gone as will another coach. We'll bring in a new OL coach and a top special teams coach. That will be enough to buy Frost next year.

I disagree

Frost fate hasn't been decided yet. However being fired is on the table this year. I have said this ever since the Bill Moos firing that this is a Scott Frost year and he is fighting for his job. There is more behind the scenes than just wins and losses. Specifically what is causing these wins and losses. I posted this in another thread after it was brought to my attention. The only position group that seems to be doing well is the group that Scott Frost has very little to do with. The other position groups seem to have a culture of their own. Its reckless and sloppy. Read into that what you want.

I stated this 2 months ago. This is gonna be a divided fan base on Scott Frost as the season goes along. He is most likely going to pull them together to believe in him or help pull them together in not believing in him. The season isn't over. Winning 4 games will not pull us together in support of him. Its likely Bowl game or bust with the fans and Trev probably isn't too far behind.

Why not give him another 3 year extension while we are at?

The talent we do have is being wasted by inept coaching. What we are seeing is not bad luck but a pattern of bad coaching and poor decision making.

Let’s just look at this game.

1. Why didn’t Frost go for game winning field goal. I believe he thought we would turn ball over.

2. Before the disastrous punt return - why run a 2 yard crossing pattern when need 6 yards. The two calls before were pretty vanilla too. He was playing not to lose.

3. On punt return for touchdown- why is there no one on left side. I realize he called a play to kick to right, but they had 2 punt returners back. You got to teach guys to stay in lane. And if you don’t have confidence in punter it seems you should just play base coverage.

4. No one can catch a punt. 4th returner this year already. Coaches can’t identify who they should use apparently.

Let’s not forget 7 sacks, no lanes for running backs to run and numerous false starts on offensive line. This seems to happen almost every game. Yet Frost defends Austin and his scheme.

I believe Frost has recruited better the last 2 cycles but the losses are piling up and there is no momentum on recruiting front.

We are going to lose a lot of top players on defense next year. So while offense may be better next year due to experience, defense may struggle because of inexperience.

Time for a change in coaching staff, in my opinion.

I can't imagine another coaching change at this point and what it would do to the program. He needs another year only if he makes some serious assistant coaching changes. Austin needs to go and a ST coordinator needs to be hired by the end of the day.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back