• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost Presser

I think people just need to be prepared when Frost makes changes. Sudden change on fans is traumatic. I don't think he will wait until Spring to let at least one if not two or three, go in order to head towards his overall vision. People think I'm getting on these coaches for being bad human beings. No, I get on these coaches because their position groups are boldly playing their roles incorrectly to the system. This fact these correctable things are no corrected leads me to believe the problems run deeper than player buy in. In another thread the position groups struggling made sense when the poster laid out distractions for that individual coach... including Frost. It really does make sense in some cases, but it is not an excuse for everything especially the OL. In my opinion the OL issues are deeper, philosophical issues between Frost and Austin that will never be resolved easily.

Last edited:

I think people just need to be prepared when Frost makes changes. Sudden change on fans is traumatic. I don't think he will wait until Spring to let at least one if not two or three, go in order to head towards his overall vision. People think I'm getting on these coaches for being bad human beings. No, I get on these coaches because their position groups are boldly playing their roles incorrectly to the system. This fact these correctable things are no corrected leads me to believe the problems run deeper than player buy in. In another thread the position groups struggling made sense when the poster laid out distractions for that individual coach... including Frost. It really does make sense in some cases, but it is not an excuse for everything especially the OL. In my opinion the OL issues are deeper, philosophical issues between Frost and Austin that will never be resolved easily.

Weird how those deeper philosophical issues weren't around the 2 years they spent together at UCF.

Weird how those deeper philosophical issues weren't around the 2 years they spent together at UCF.
Ive never watched film and discerned there were philosophical issues between two coaches because a young line was struggling. Unless you are in the coaches offices, there is no way any of us can claim that.

Austin may or may not be the man for the job, but making claims like that is absolutely ridiculous.

OL issues are deeper, philosophical issues between Frost and Austin that will never be resolved easily. These kinds of statements are totally counterproductive. Why would someone make a statement like this? Only Scott and Austin would know the truth of this and I doubt they are confiding in the perp.

OL issues are deeper, philosophical issues between Frost and Austin that will never be resolved easily. These kinds of statements are totally counterproductive. Why would someone make a statement like this? Only Scott and Austin would know the truth of this and I doubt they are confiding in the perp.
Well, because that is mad rat. He can watch a game and know exactly what philosophical issues between Frost and Austin are taking place.

Can’t you see it? It’s plane as day.

"* The coach shed light on why Nebraska isn't making more frequent use of the I-formation and double-wing looks it showed briefly against Ohio State, with success during an otherwise awful night.
"To really run it, you have to commit to it. You have to have some answers and different plays depending on how the defense is lined up. It kind of has to be a full-on dive into it if you're really going to rely on it.""

Top teams have 100 yard rushers week in and week out. This concerns me.

Last edited:
Maybe the coaches on HCSF worked well together at UCF and for that type of offensive football system but it isn't working well so far in the B1G compared to the type of football the B1G plays. I remember when Scott arrived he was asked a question something to the effect of how long it would take for him to get to the type of football that is played in the B1G and his reply was that the B1G teams were going have to adjust to the way he was going to play on offense, like that at UCF.
If he is sticking to that team system then NU won't be a threat till 2021 when he has all the players he recruited and no left over players from Riley that aren't buying in. Even then it may be a few years beyond that.:(

As Lou Holtz once said, “Don’t hire your friends as assistants, it is too difficult to let them go.”

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back