• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost & Moos want to play Big 8 schools again

DuckTownHusker

Blackshirt Sith Lord
10 Year Member
I've been saying this for years. Osborne (as AD) and then Eichorst did some things to get Colorado and Oklahoma into rotation, but it would be cool to pick up Mizzou, Kansas and KState again.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/02/...l-colorado-buffaloes-bill-moos-schedule-ncaa/

And while my preference would be for Big 8 teams, I would not mind settling the score with the Orange Cows. A&M was always a fun game, too.

Here's my order of preference (including the Terrible Texans)
1. Oklahoma (is there any question here?)
2. Colorado
3. Mizzou
t-4. Kansas / KSU
t-6. Texas / A&M
t-8. OkST, ISU, Texas Tech, Baylor

Last edited:
While this would never happen, I'd love to see annual games between Nebraska, Oklahoma, Mizzou and Colorado. We could even find an old Big 8 Trophy to pass around. It's kind of fun since it currently ties together teams from the PAC, XII, B1G and SEC.

I've been saying this for years. Osborne (as AD) and then Eichorst did some things to get Colorado and Oklahoma into rotation, but it would be cool to pick up Mizzou, Kansas and KState again.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/02/...l-colorado-buffaloes-bill-moos-schedule-ncaa/

And while my preference would be for Big 8 teams, I would not mind settling the score with the Orange Cows. A&M was always a fun game, too.

2. Colorado
3. Mizzou
t-4. Kansas / KSU
t-6. Texas / A&M
Good thoughts ;)

Get Kansas as a terrible out of conference game and do a 2-1 for our fans. Grab Iowa state and others.

2. Colorado
3. Mizzou
t-4. Kansas / KSU
t-6. Texas / A&M

We couldn't beat the Longhorns when they were good. We couldn't beat 'em when they were bad. Maybe we learned our lesson. :)

That said, I'd love to see the Huskers in my own backyard.

We couldn't beat the Longhorns when they were good. We couldn't beat 'em when they were bad. Maybe we learned our lesson. :)

I was going to say at least half the games in the series wouldn't be officiated by Big XII refs but I'm not real confident in B1G officiating either. Maybe it would be best to construct the contact to require neutral conference officials, if it ever comes to pass.

Sure, let’s start with the Cotton Bowl or the Alamo Bowl! ;)

upload_2019-2-13_20-30-38.gif

No reason to want to play Texas' red-clad stepchildren (Oklahoma). They can go fly a kite for denying us at the start of the Big 12. Any other team is OK by me, including Texas.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back