• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost excuse for not scoring ruined.

The balloon tradition was just silly stuff, it was time for that to end. I've said that for years, but it was an old and tired "tradition" that needed to end. I know this wont be popular but I feel the same way about the balloons that some people feel about and detest the "Black" alt uni's and the tunnel song. I like the black alts and the tunnel walk song, don't care about the balloons at all.

The balloon tradition was just silly stuff, it was time for that to end. I've said that for years, but it was an old and tired "tradition" that needed to end. I know this wont be popular but I feel the same way about the balloons that some people feel about and detest the "Black" alt uni's and the tunnel song. I like the black alts and the tunnel walk song, don't care about the balloons at all.
Texas that. Sure, it's not the end of the world. But it's a cool and unique tradition. Kids in the stands hold the balloons... and after the first score, they're gone.

There was talk last year about replacing it with "waving a towel" after the first score. How stupid is that? What are you supposed to do with the towel after the first score?

I would challenge anyone to come up with a tradition that's as unique. The B1G even uses it as an identifier for NU in their commercials.

Texas that. Sure, it's not the end of the world. But it's a cool and unique tradition. Kids in the stands hold the balloons... and after the first score, they're gone.

There was talk last year about replacing it with "waving a towel" after the first score. How stupid is that? What are you supposed to do with the towel after the first score?

I would challenge anyone to come up with a tradition that's as unique. The B1G even uses it as an identifier for NU in their commercials.
Jump Around, wave your shoes, your car keys, loose some balloony's, weeee..... Just kidding but if that is Nebraska's big tradition, that's kind of telling, maybe, about something or another. LOL. Balloons are cool and all, but it never did much for me other than damn right we scored.

We need us some long strings tied to the balloons and a few Big Red drones with grabbers......

Last edited:

There are better uses for helium, that's true. And visions of animals chocking on balloon material are awful, notwithstanding biogradability.

Unfortuntely it became the bell ringer for not caring about others.

Losing it doesn't mean we won't score.

I believe the tradition started with Boy Scouts selling them for a fund raiser. I could use some extra funds maybe I'll get myself a tailgate spot, set up camp and sell balloons.

It's a little known fact, but when HHS was a kid at his first Husker game, his dad would not buy him a balloon to release.

I see he hasn't gotten over that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back