• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost back to UCF???

Megatron

Recruit
5 Year Member
The thought crossed my mind earlier this week, but I was surprised to see it in print. Even though a possibility, I doubt there would be interest from either Frost or UCF. I did note they listed Sean Beckton, add to that the possibility of Lubick leaving, and you instantly have a significant staff change.

Here is the link:

They have new admin so I doubt the same appeal is there. Plus anytime you go back somewhere it’s hard to recapture that same success. Unless your Shiano but that dude can coach

Not even sure why his name is in that article other than click bait.

Not happening
I’m not sure Frost’s name gathers many clicks anymore; but maybe since he was there. What I do think is that the UCF job is a good one. New facilities and in the middle of fertile recruiting ground.

I’m not sure Frost’s name gathers many clicks anymore; but maybe since he was there. What I do think is that the UCF job is a good one. New facilities and in the middle of fertile recruiting ground.
As dumb as it sounds this is truthfully not a bad option for him. Everything seems to be heading towards him getting fired at DONU sooner or later and once that happens he will end up with a coordinator role at best. If he wants to remain a head coach this may be his best long term path.

Now I seriously doubt it happens but I can at least see some logic in it.

While it's hardly worthwhile discussing Frost leaving for UCF, the first name mentioned is Sean Beckton. That's much more interesting.

Sean Beckton

The Buzz: Beckton was a popular assistant coach at UCF for 19 seasons and many of his former players began campaigning for him on social media following Heupel’s departure. The former UCF football player left to join Scott Frost’s staff at Nebraska in 2018, serving as the Huskers’ tight ends coach.

And this tidbit from huskers.com:

Veteran coach Sean Beckton is in his third season as Nebraska’s tight ends coach in 2020. He is in his 25th season overall, having spent the first 22 years of his career coaching in the high school, collegiate and professional ranks in Florida.

Beckton came to Lincoln after spending 19 seasons at UCF, his alma mater, including serving as the Knights’ tight ends coach and recruiting coordinator under Scott Frost in 2016 and 2017. Beckton was one of the most important figures in the history of UCF football before deciding to follow Frost to Lincoln.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back