• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frost: AM maybe on cruise-control in year 2...

I wonder if there was anyone on the coaching staff that could have changed his practice habits? :thumbsup: ;)

ThunderousQualifiedChevrotain-size_restricted.gif

2,width=650,height=650,appearanceId=1,backgroundColor=ffffff.jpg

Last edited:

I thought Martinez was pretty bad in a variety of ways last year. His performance was a major disappointment. But we also know that he was recovering from that bs knee injury from 2018 and was playing through a new shoulder injury that required postseason surgery. It’s reasonable to think that injury played into both his preparation and his play on the field. It may have even impacted him mentally. Assuming he’s fully recovered he’ll have every opportunity to prove he’s that starting QB. If he doesn’t produce then there are very capable backups ready to take those reps. I have no doubt Frost will not hesitate to pull him if he doesn’t get the job done this season, now that he has the depth of talent needed in the QB room. We’re in great shape at QB.

I thought Martinez was pretty bad in a variety of ways last year. His performance was a major disappointment. But we also know that he was recovering from that bs knee injury from 2018 and was playing through a new shoulder injury that required postseason surgery. It’s reasonable to think that injury played into both his preparation and his play on the field. It may have even impacted him mentally.
All great excuses for being lax in his preparation. Great to see fans being forgiving, too bad his boss through him under the bus...albeit a year late.

BTW, I sure hope AM is not on "cruise control." I want him sharp, focused and well-prepared for every game...NOT on cruise control. I thought we paid a QB coach a lot of money for great results, maybe MV needs to be held accountable as well.

Damn you guys take a sentence and dissect the snot out of it. Reminds me of the crap I see on social media and big media these days.
Well, when the HC calls a player out for being lax in his preparation...folks tend to think it's a big deal. I can't recall TO ever doing it, but perhaps he did.

Well, when the HC calls a player out for being lax in his preparation...folks tend to think it's a big deal. I can't recall TO ever doing it, but perhaps he did.

He suggested that Martinez got complacent, possibly and partly due to a perceived lack of competition in the QB room. We all know the importance of competition in motivating great players and teams. It’s common sports psychology. It’s only being made into a ‘big deal’ by busy bodies. I expect better from Husker fans. You may want to focus on the fact that he said AM appears more focused this offseason and that there is competition in the room now. That bodes well for our Huskers.

Damn you guys take a sentence and dissect the snot out of it. Reminds me of the crap I see on social media and big media these days.

I was thinking this, too.

It is soooo easy to have had 7 months with nothing but time to think about these things and realize some of the possibilities later. Things didn't go as well as hoped. Obvious to everyone. LM has talent, which is also obvious to everyone. I don't know that it means that Frost overlooked anything as much as that everybody better get ready.

I'd love to tell you it hurt me more to be wrong than to hear Frost admit that. I'd be lying.

I'd rather it not be true, too. The positive is that I think QB play will be much better this year. Regardless of who is on the field, they're going to have to earn their spot every day and that will make the team better. At this point, I'm just hoping there is a season to play.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back